XVI.

———————————————————————

The next morning, the girls and I were packing up and getting ready for winter break. As we were packing up, I told Hermione and Ginny what happened last night at the Astronomy Tower.

"You guys are so intense." Ginny said, folding her jeans. I chuckled, "We didn't even go that far, calm down."

I looked over at my crystal ball, deciding to leave it here. I haven't from my uncle since the bathroom incident.

I wasn't sure if I should feel happy about it, or sad about it. I mean yeah Carol was an asshole but there were times where we had some nice conversations.

The girls and I left the common room. Ron and Harry were waiting outside for us.

"Are you guys ready to go?"  Ron asked, Hermione ignored him, walking past him and Harry. Ginny and I sighed, "Yeah."

The group of us already knew where we were sitting on the train. Ron, Harry and I were going to sit together, Ginny was going to sit with Dean and Hermione was going to sit by herself, obviously I was allowed to sit with her but Harry said he had information on Draco and I wanted to hear it.

We made it to the train station. I looked over and saw Draco packed. I'm confused. I thought he was staying here?

"Hey uhm I'll be right back." I said. Harry held my bags for me. Ginny covered Harry's view so he wouldn't see where I was going. Thank you Ginny.

"Hey." I said softly. Draco jumped. I saw his face, he looked almost on edge. Guess he didn't see me coming up to him.

"Oh hey Eva." Draco gulped. "I thought you were staying here?" I asked. "Oh change of plans, my mother wants me home." Draco said uneasy.

"Oh. Well if you want you know you can always come visit me-" "Eva I love that, but I think my mum just wants it to be us. Besides, she told me there was a surprise when I get home." Draco tried to say calmly, cutting me off.

I sucked in my breath. "Sorry I didn't mean to come off rude." Draco said quickly. "It's okay, I'll see you after winter break." I gave him a weak smile.

"Eva, don't be like that." Draco said, grabbing a hold of my hands. "Don't push yourself away."

Damn it. He knows me to well.

"Sorry." I mumbled.

Draco gave me a kiss. I kissed back. When we pulled away, Draco hugged me. Which left me shocked.

This was the first time Draco had actually hugged me. It's been a while. I wished this hug lasted forever. I felt so much comfort.

We both pulled away again, both saying goodbye to each other and going our separate ways.

"Unbreakable vow." Ron said. Harry and I were sitting across from Ronald. Harry was telling us what he heard from Snape and Malfoy when he followed them. Apparently something about Snape making an unbreakable vow with Malfoy.

"You sure that's what Snape said?" Ron asked again. "Positive." Harry spoke. I sat there, my hands on Harry's legs. Harry rested his legs on my thighs. I tapped his legs like a drum.