Chapter 32

𝙷𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕 𝚒𝚗 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚕𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎-𝚋𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚎𝚟𝚎.

Teegan's POV

Walking into Levi's office, he sat at his desk as he spoke on the phone

Walking into Levi's office, he sat at his desk as he spoke on the phone. He beckoned me over with two fingers as he continued speaking in Italian. I padded my way over to him and straddled his lap as I wrapped my arms around his neck. He finished up the call, and I felt content as he pulled me closer to him in the hug. He seemed tired, and I could tell he wanted to say something to me.

" I'm sorry, Tesoro.. " He whispered, and I shook my head as I ran my fingers through his hair. " It's okay.. I'll be okay, " I replied, a bit unsure myself, and I thought for a moment before speaking.

" Can.. can you tell me about Antonio.. your father? " I asked, and he sighed heavily before speaking.

" My father.. is the one who got me into this business.. A few years ago, he turned on me and has been running ever since. Call it jealousy, hate, or envy. He didn't enjoy the fact that I knew how to get shit done better than he ever could.. My mother is blinded by the man he is; although he is abusive, she still loves him dearly. I knew someone I was close to had to be giving him some kind of close information, and I thought I'd found him a while ago, but it turns out John wasn't the saint we thought he was.. "

" ... What could he have done to me if you didn't show up? " I asked, and Levi pulled back slightly as he held my jaw in his hand.

" Not a goddamn thing. Do you want to know why, my sweet Tesoro? " He asked, and I nodded slowly as I played with the collar of his shirt.

" Because I will always be there to protect you. If not me, then the idiots in the other room, who would literally take a bullet for you in a heartbeat. Nothing will happen to you, and nothing will happen to the cat, either. " He replied, and I nodded.

" What's going to happen to Mr. John? " I asked, and he pushed a piece of my hair behind my ear.

" If I tell you, would you try to run again? " He asked, and I gulped softly..