XIII.

—————————————————————

I finished washing my hands. I looked up in the mirror. I thought about what Hermione told me about Blaise. Was it possible Blaise Zabini liked me? Or was he just playing along with Malfoy games?

"Will you stop bickering about boys?" A voice came through. I jumped, turning my head to a different mirror. I saw my uncle's reflection. This was new.

"Can we start focusing on your issue, it's almost winter break Evagline you need to have a decision by the time this year ends." He said. "I know." I crossed my arms.

"Did you get my letter?" Carol asked. "Yeah but I didn't open it." Carol groaned, "Evagline you should've opened it."

I scoffed, "And why should I listen to you? Aren't you supposed to be telling me stuff through the crystal ball and now somewhat a bathroom mirror." "You're in danger." Carol said.

I think my body froze. What could I possibly be in danger for? It's not like I was already in danger right?

Yeah, I don't have time for this.

"Well, it's not like I'm already in danger thanks to this wonderful family." I said sarcastically. "No Eva, you're not understanding-" "No Carol, I think I understand perfectly." I cut him off, leaving the loo. "Evagline get back here!" My uncle yelled after me through the mirror.

I needed space to think, I wanted to get away from all this family drama. I wanted my mum for help. I wanted to cry. I wanted to scream. I wanted to do anything to get out of my own life. I needed to breathe.

The only place I can think of is the Astronomy Tower, with its beautiful view and the breeze flowing around it. I ran down the hallway to get to the Astronomy Tower, hoping I wasn't already crying. I grabbed the railing, walking up the stairs. I could hear the wind howling at the top.

I reached the top, seeing a tall figure by the railing. "Oh sorry. I didn't think there would be anyone up here." I said, quickly turning around.

"You came." A males voice said.

Hate to say I know that voice from a mile away. It's Malfoy.

I had totally forgotten what Blaise told me before the game. I didn't have time for this either. I turned around, Malfoy already looking at me.

"I'm not here for you. I came on my own. I wanted time on my own." I said, going towards the railing away from him. I watched the snowflakes fly around with the wind.

"Eva, it wasn't me." Malfoy spoke. I turned to look at him, confused. He was next to me but not too close. Should I scoot away?

"What?" I asked.

"I didn't curse Katie Bell."

My eyes widened. What the?

"I never said anything about Katie-" "I know, Snape told me everything." I sighed. "Okay well thanks for telling me that information that I did not need to know." I said sarcastically, turning back to the view.

Why is it, whenever I'm with Malfoy I don't feel empty? Everything goes away. No pain. No numbness. Just feeling good.

I sighed and turned to look at Malfoy.