1 | break down the walls

STARLIGHT
𝖺𝖼𝗍 𝗈𝗇𝖾 / 𝗌𝖾𝖺𝗌𝗈𝗇 𝗈𝗇𝖾

STARLIGHT𝖺𝖼𝗍 𝗈𝗇𝖾 / 𝗌𝖾𝖺𝗌𝗈𝗇 𝗈𝗇𝖾

❛ 𝗋𝗈𝖼𝗄𝖾𝗋𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗐𝗋𝗂𝗍𝖾𝗋𝗌 ❜

Just another day working at Sonic Boom, and the Dawson twins were stood behind the counter either writing in their songbook or reading one of their favourite books, when their best friend walked into the store.

"Hey Addy and Ally! Guess who got a job at Cupcake City?" Trish announced to the twins as she held two cupcakes in her hand.

Ally sighed. "Thanks Trish, but there's no eating in the store-"

"But we do like cupcakes, gimme that!" Adelaide interrupted her sister after giving in herself and grabbed one of the cupcakes from Trish's hand with Ally following her action, taking a bite out of the frosted cupcakes.

"Yeah, they give us all the rejects. Those were the ones I dropped on the floor." Trish informed, making the twins groan in response before going to grab napkins to spit the food out.

Adelaide pouted. "Aw, I was really hungry as well."

Ally nodded along. "Yeah, well that's what we get for breaking the rules. Hey, do you want to go to a movie with us, Sunday?" The brown-haired girl suddenly paused upon seeing a unfamiliar old woman standing where Trish was before.

The woman grinned. "Oh, I'd love to go to the movies."

"Oh... um, great. Because you're exactly the person we were asking." Ally chuckled awkwardly at the woman.

"It's a date!" She smiled before turning around to walk away, leaving the other twin to call out after her. "Can't wait, lady we've never met!"

Adelaide and Ally turned around once again to see Trish make another appearance. "Where the heck did you go?" The first-born twin questioned their friend.

Trish sighed before informing. "I was on the phone. That was work. Apparently 'being there' is part of the job. Gotta go." She began to walk out of the store, passing by Lester Dawson — the twins' father. "Hey, Mr Dawson!"

The man smiled at Trish before looking over at his daughters, the grin on his face widening as he gushed. "Guess who found thirty seven more cents?"

"Dad, stop taking money out of the mall fountain. Those are people's wishes, you know." Adelaide sighed, reminding the man.

"Well, my wish came true. I have thirty seven more cents." Lester said, going to leave when he was stopped by Ally.

"Oh, and speaking of wishes, Dad, is there any way we could put a piano upstairs in the practice room? The one we're using is older than the lady we're dating Sunday."

Their father furrowed his brows, looking between the two. His confused expression making Ally nod at him. "Long story."

Lester sighed. "Girls, I know you love music and Addy with your dancing, but the odds of making it in the music biz are like a bazillion to one. Come here." He frowned before they pulled each other into their signature trio handshake.