Chapter 1-4: Applebuck Season

I was getting groceries in town when I suddenly felt rumbling in the ground. It kept getting closer to town.

Rainbow Dash flies up to get a look at what's causing the rumbling, and she yells, "Stampede!"

As she said that, the rumbling got so bad that the ground itself was shaking. The ponies around me panicked, running back and forth. I closed my saddle bags, and started running home when I saw Pinkie standing still, shaking and laughing.

She says in a shaky voice, "Hey! This makes my voice sound silly!"

Twilight stopped running to exclaim, "Pinkie Pie, are you crazy?! Run!"

Mayor Mare calls, "Everypony, calm down. There is no reason to panic."

Rarity asks, "But Mayor, whatever shall we do?"

Rainbow Dash points in the distance, exclaiming, "Look there!"

I adjusted my glasses, looking in the distance to see Applejack and her dog Winona corralling the cows away from town, making the ponies around me cheer.

Pinkie somehow had popcorn that she started eating, saying, "This is the best rodeo show I've ever seen!"

Once the cows were calmed down, Applejack headed to town, appearing at the top of a hill.

We all cheered, "Applejack! Applejack! Applejack!"

Applejack called, "Yeehaw!"

Pinkie echoes, "Yeehaw! Ride 'em, cowpony!"

I exclaim, "That was so cool! I would never get to see something like that back home."

Mayor Mare says, "Applejack was just... just..."

Pinkie finished, "Appletastic!"

Mayor Mare says, "Exactly! We must do something to thank Applejack for single-hoofedly saving the town."

Pinkie says, "I know. A party!"

The entire town came together to plan a celebration for Applejack. It took about a week to get everything arranged.

Twilight asks, "We all ready?"

Rarity responds, "Just one last thing. Can you help me with this banner, Miss Melody?"

I say, "Sure, Rarity! Happy to help."

We levitate the sides of the banner near the top of the building and attach it, with Rarity saying, "Now we're ready."

Twilight asks, "Is Applejack all set?"

Rainbow responds, "Actually, I haven't seen her all week."

Pinkie adds, "Not since the stampede."

I add, "Now that I think about it, neither have I."

Rainbow says, "But she'll be here for sure. Applejack is never late."

I say, "I hope you're right."

Twilight stepped up to the podium, reading from note cards, "Welcome, everypony! Today, we are here to honor a pony we can always count in to help in matters great and small. A pony whose contributions to -"

Rainbow interrupts, "Did you see Applejack's slick moves out there? What an athlete! This week, she's gonna be helping me with my new flying trick, and I know it's gonna be so awesome!"

Twilight says, "Exactly. And-"

Pinkie interrupts, "This week, I get to run Sugarcube Corner for the first time!"

Twilight asks, "What does that have to do with Applejack?"

Pinkie responds, "Oh. Applejack, one of the best bakers ever, is gonna help me. Applejack makes everything great, so free samples for everypony!"