The Beginning of the Journey

I woke up to the sounds of screams and crying, unusual but I must get ready to for my friends birthday today. I put on a flower hoodie and some jeans as well as some sandals. I steal my sisters favourite hair pin that has light blue lotus flowers and a gold rod. As I finish I look in the mirror and smile, I'm excited for today. "Aya I know you stole my hair pin give it back!" Yelled Fumiko, my sister. Ugh I sigh and say "can I please use it for today please!" I call back and I hear a snicker as she enters the room with a brand new outfit and she smiles as she says "fine, I just have a gut feeling you should wear it today! Also don't forget to put that outfit in the suitcase for our trip tomorrow!" Fumiko walked away and I giggle, I'm so excited because we are going on a vacation to a new city for quite a while. I don't know why we are suddenly getting a vacation when we usually never leave our old town in the middle of nowhere.  Anyways I walk out of the house and go to my friends house to celebrate her birthday.

I ran up to her and said "hey Aoi what's up!" Aoi looked at me and gave me a giant hug, I don't know why she was doing this because Aoi was never really affectionate. That's when I realised no one had come to Aoi's party. I gasped and said "Aoi where is everyone?!" Aoi immediately broke down in tears and said "they were all too busy doing something else!" I look at her with pity and say "you know what let's go shopping!" Aoi smiles and I drag her out of the house to go and shop.

Me and Aoi were shopping and having fun when I realised the time and gasped. "Aoi we have to get home!" Aoi looked at me puzzled before saying "um Aya I don't think you should go home yet. I have a bad gut feeling." I look at her and say "yeah I gotta go though." I walked off and I wonder why Aoi had a bad gut feeling anyway. Aoi then waved sadly at me before she turned in the direction of her home and I was nearly too mine. I heard, screams! Screams coming from my house what could have happened.

I run to the front door and see it busted down and I see my mother dead on the floor with a giant cut through her stomach and a slit throat. I gasped and run up to her and started sobbing when suddenly I hear a clash and more screams that sounded like somebody trying to not get killed or murdered. I then got up and quietly walk around the house desperately trying to find anyone or anything. I see not one but at least 7 people in my house with weapons and other things I can't tell in the dark and on the floor I see them surrounding my father as he was clutching a wound in his side. As I want to ran and save my father I feel my feet take a step backwards and I turn and run to my room. Hopefully the people haven't seen me or heard me. While I'm running I feel a hand grasp my arm. I am about to scream when I see it is my sister scared half to death holding me.

I look at my sister who is horrified and is wounded quite severely. I am about to scream when she says quietly "Run, hide do anything escape the Yamada!" I look at her puzzled as she runs towards my room and hides me in the closet and says "hide don't come out as I will try to find a way to get out of this. If I don't come back to get you I'm dead. If that happens grab your suitcase and run, never look back. As she finishes I hear running footsteps and she looks towards the sound with Prue fear in her eyes. She's only 18 so I don't know what she can even do. I am terrified but suddenly I hear a horrific scream and then sound of kicking and it stopping. My father is dead, my mother is dead and my sister is probably dying right this second from her wounds.

Fumiko looks at me and then looks at the doorframe and says "I love you Ayaka never forget that. We all love you. Mum, dad and me we all love you and whatever you chose to do." I look at her tears in my eyes and I say "I love you Fumi I will always love you and mum and dad I love you all and I will never forget them." I hug Fumi one last time as I wish it didn't have to end I hear the footsteps nearly to the door. Fumi kisses my cheek and closes the door. Fumi has always been more responsible than me, I always wanted to have her gone but now I want nothing more then for her to stay. I wish I spent more time showing my love for everyone before they died. I hear a scream as I get snapped out of my head... it was Fumi! I can't do anything.

Fumi I can hear her getting murdered as I think, as I speak, as I breath. I hear everything before the sounds die out and I hear a person say "let's clear out the family is dead!" I was forgotten I am so happy I was forgotten. I hear everyone leave and I drag out of the suitcase and see the scene of what lay of my sister. I wish she was still alive. I wish none of this happened. If I had just come home sooner. I walk to where dad was, dead as well. I was quietly sobbing and I went to mum and thought too grab something meaningful from each of them.

For my mum I grabbed her favourite earrings, for my father i grabbed the small bear toy he had gave me and for my sister I just  keep her favourite hair accessory. I dragged them to the back yard and buried them and prayed over them while I cried. I grabbed the suitcase and walked out leaving behind the house I grew up in. The only place I have ever called home. I looked back and decided to write a letter to Aoi. I walked back in and grabbed a pen and notebook and wrote this.
————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Dear Aoi Kimura,

I'm leaving, when you find the graves of my family please try to put a head stone for them. My sister is on the left, my father in the middle and my mother on the right. They were murdered by people called the Yamada, I'm the only survivor. I hope you understand the reason why I must leave. Aoi please try to make better friends with everyone. Also please never forget me even though I might never see you again please just remember that I once was your best friend. I am off to find the people responsible for the deaths of my family. Please tell everybody what has happened and just know I'm leaving you all the things you want from my room. This shall probably be the last time I will "talk" to you but just remember that I never wanted to leave you or the village. Things have just turned out the way they are and I am going to try and get back to this place but you know I might never. Goodbye Aoi Kimura.
Sincerely
Ayaka Hazashi.
————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
I place the letter in her letter box and leave her house as I walk through the village I hope that one day I can somehow make it back to this place. Well it was a great place to grow up. I finally after from felt like forever leave the village and sigh. It was now time to find out how these Yamada people are and where to find a place to stay. When I remember the new vacation home we bought. But what if they know about that place. Maybe I should just go and stay till the Yamada come once again.

Whatever and what about food or water or anything. Well I will work out something else in the future. What is going to happen well first I should go to the airport to go to the vacation home. Hopefully I can still get on the plane. I will just make up something about them being in the hospital or something else. I don't know what to do anymore well I guess I will just sleep at the airport for now. I'm still processing what the hell just happened right now.

The end of chapter 1