The first mistake. (1)

***
"Faith!" He yelled running towards me. I never knew my life would be cut so short but look where we are.
*****

- 2 1/2 years prior-
+June 21st 2009+
~9:00am~
"Faith hurry up!" Mom yelled from downstairs, I quickly zipped up my last suitcase and looked around to see if anything else remained in a room that was once mine.

"Faith hurry up before I take your place instead!" My older brother jokingly shouted. "I'm going!" I shouted back grabbing the handles of my suitcase and dashing out the room.

I ran down the stairs the suitcase thudding as it hit every single step down the stairs.
I walked down the last step when I was met with my mom looking at me as she stood at the open front door.

"Oh my dear there you are! Beautiful as ever!" She complimented as I walked up to her. "Thank you momma." I replied. I was going to miss her, I mean she was my mother overall.

"Ok ok go hurry up before the taxi just decides to leave you!" She said before pulling me into a tight embrace, "I really can't believe my baby girl is growing up... I remember when you had just started preschool now look at you going to college in Tokyo with your childhood bestfriend.!" She said her voice cracking, I knew she was emotional, she had always been a very emotional good person, something I really loved about her.

"Mama it's ok! I'll make sure to call and text you everyday!" I smiled. "Alright but Go Go!" She Said slightly shoving me out the door the hot weather quickly making me feel like I was about to melt.

"Bye mama!" I Said before walking down to the taxi which awaited.

My dad and my brother stood right outside the taxi as to put my suitcase inside and tell me goodbye in person for probably the last time in a few months.

I finally caught up to them and as my dad placed my suitcase in the trunk  my brother pulled me into a tight hug making me feel like at any moment my eyes might even bulge out like on looney tunes.

"I'll miss your little attitude around here..!" He cried out jokingly.
"Shut up!" I answered rolling my eyes at him.
He finally let go and for once in 2 minutes I had been glad I could breathe air.
"Bye papa!" I Said pulling him into a hug as he closed the trunk.
He quickly complied by wrapping his arms around me and holding me close.
"Stay safe and please! Please call me if you ever feel like you're alone or need someone to talk too.." he pleaded.

"Yes papa I will!" I said smiling before pulling away.
My brother opened the cab door signaling me to get inside so I did just that and got inside before buckling my seatbelt.
"Alright bye!" Both my dad and brother said as my brother closed the door.

"Ok where are we going?" The cheerful cab driver asked. "To American Airlines please!" I replied as they nodded.

Soon the car started and we were driving down the road, a new life, a new setting, everything.

I was going to be with my friend and everything would be different, no one to make fun of my French accent, no one to make fun of my dreams to be a author, no one to ever make fun of how I look.

Just a new future, a new life, a new fresh start with new people.

****
~1:28pm~
After 4 hours of waiting at the airport for my plane to board it was time, it was time to get on a airplane where I would start fresh.

"First class?" The lady shouted.
"military members?" Her voice getting higher. "Buisness workers?" She shouted once more. "People with infants or disabilities?" She shouted again.
"At last economic class?" She shouted last.
I got up from my seat and headed towards where everyone was headed too.
Whilst I was getting on I felt eyes on me, a pair of eyes I didn't recognize, something I found very odd as those same eyes hadn't left me not even for a second.

I finally found my seat and sat down. I took out my phone and put it on airplane mode before putting it back in my pocket, I looked to see who would sit next to me but as more people passed by I started to become relieved no one would sit beside me.

Suddenly a lady with a infant walked over to the seat and sat down, I looked at the lady for a minute, she looked so zombified.

Her skin sickly pale, her eyes were sunken in, her cheekbones extremely noticeable, she seemed to be like she was in a Tim Burton's movie yet she didn't look at all healthy, well neither did his characters but they were just animations.
She was real, a real soul who seemed so dead yet she's carried a baby with her.
"Ma'am we will have to see your ticket." A flight attendant asked as she approached the lady.

"Oh, oh yes yes hold on." She spoke, "can you hold her for a second?" She asked me, I just nodded and gently grabbed the baby from the lady's hands accidentally making contact with them, her hands were so cold and so clammy.

"Hold on." She spoke as she looked around all her pockets as if she was lost.

"Oh here it is!" She said her voice heightening. "Let me See... ok ma'am, is this your daughter your sitting with?" She asked.
"No no she's to gorgeous to be my daughter." She said making me smile at the small compliment she gave me.

"Oh ok because you both look so similar I just assumed.." the flight attendant spoke. "Oh it's ok!" I answered.

*****
+June 22nd 2009+
~3:45am~
After hours of being on that plane I was finally off, I walked to where my suitcases were on the belt line and as soon as I got them I walked over to a seat and sat down, waiting for Maria to come and get me, to come and pick me up.

I snacked on a few snacks I had bought back in LA before I came over here. It all seemed so pretty, all the people walking around, but others seemed odd? They discreetly walked around as to not get spotted.

"Faith こんにちは! (Hello!)" someone shouted from afar making me look to my left and coming eye to eye with Maria.

"Maria!" I shouted jumping up from my seat and running over to her before pulling her into a tight hug immediately smelling her sweet strawberry perfume.

"I missed you!!" She whispered. "Me too.." I replied.
"well come on I need to introduce you to my friends! You'll love them!!" She said happily before running to get my suitcases and guiding me to her car.

****
~5:39am~
She parked her car in the driveway as we have finally arrived. Her house was gorgeous, it sure was huge for a college student but I mean her dad had always been rich.

It was a grey marble stone house, 2 floors, large windows everywhere, large pillars which seemed to make it seem like a royal house, a beautiful rich green garden as everything seemed so alive.

"Come on Let's head inside Marshall will handle the suitcases and place them in your room. Marshall!" She shouted. Suddenly a tall dude with long silky blonde hair tied back, dark brown almond eyes, rich white skin, and a muscular body came walking over to us in a suit.

"Yes ma'am." He said standing formally infront of us.
"Get her suitcases and place it in her room." Maria demanded. "Yes ma'am." He answered before walking over to the car and opening the trunk.

"Come on Faith" she said happily tugging on my sleeve as she tried to force me inside. "Ok I'm going!" I answered a bit annoyed at her persistence.

We walked into the large house and down the long corridor, everything well detailed and mostly everything was in a beige or creamy color.

The sound of laughter could be heard from afar so I assumed those were her friends laughing. The more we walked the more they got louder and louder.

"And then they-" someone stopped talking as soon as me and Maria entered the room.

*****

Don't feel like checking for mistakes so I'll check for them tomorrow 😍