Stolen kisses

Prologue:

"Lilly you're nineteen and still unwed. You know I'm not one to get involved in your business but it is obvious you are not trying to catch a husband....".

Lilly inhaled deeply, briefly lifted her head from behind her book to glance at her father, then continued to read her novel. It was true, she wasn't trying to find a husband, but it was difficult trying to converse with air headed baboons who did not seem to understand her passions.

It was the same lecture she's received for the past 3 years before she braced herself to attended the London season.  Not that she really paid her father any attention during this topic precisely. Lilly wasn't ready to get married and  give up her freedom for a man she does not and will not love. For the time being, she was enjoying her books, long walks though the gardens and quiet nights buried in the library.She heard him clear his throat loudly; obviously trying to capture her attention.

"..which is why I have taken it upon myself to find you one", he beamed. 

Lilly maintained a neutral expression. She did not reply immediately but took a breath before considering her reply. Truthfully she knew this day would come, however she did not consider it to be this early. 

"Tell me papa, who is it?"

"Aha. You think I would tell you and allow you to ruin your chances with him? Lilly my sweet,  do you really think I do not notice your attempts at appearing unattractive in the eyes of your suitors? The dresses you wear are too large and unflattering; you speak too much and too fast in order to catch them off guard and despite your dancing lessons, you are too focused on trying to sabotage your dance rather than learn to enjoy it! So the answer is no, I wont tell you. you'll just have to try extra hard on chasing this one away."