JOURNEY TO LOVE - 23

AMELIA KNIGHT

"It's been a month since Lucas and I tied the knot, and I couldn't be happier. I haven't felt this relaxed in years, and even Alex seems happier than ever before.

This happiness is all thanks to Lucas. Our bond has grown stronger with each passing day. It's difficult to put into words, but I can confidently say that I'd go through fire and brimstone just to see that heartwarming smile on his face. His touch sends electric shivers down my spine, and I never want to let it go.

He's brought vibrant colors into my life, painting it with shades of red and blue. I can't thank the heavens enough for sending him into my life.

Lucas's playful voice broke me out of my thoughts. I turned towards him with a soft smile. As I looked at him, I couldn't help but be awestruck by his charming appearance. He was dressed elegantly in a black tuxedo that accentuated his muscular physique.

"You look handsome." I mumbled. He walked further into the room, embraced me from behind, and rested his chin on my head.

My cheeks turned crimson with our closeness as I coyly glanced at our reflection in the mirror. His piercing gaze was already fixed on my reflection. I was dressed in a flowing wine-colored dress that hugged my curves perfectly.

"You look absolutely stunning." He whispered in my ear, sending goosebumps rippling across my skin.

"Thank you." I whispered back, my voice barely audible. He gently kissed the exposed skin of my shoulder, sending the same electrifying sensation down my spine.

"Shall we ?" He asked, extending his hand. I placed mine in his, and he led me to the car.

Throughout the car ride, our hands remained intertwined. In about half an hour, we arrived at our destination, one of our finest resorts.

As a matter of fact, this one was my favorite. It had a secluded spot away from prying eyes—a balcony area that overlooked the low-lying beach and was conveniently close to the second exit.

Stepping out of the car, we entered the building, filled with elegantly dressed people engaged in conversations. A few heads turned in our direction, acknowledging our presence with subtle nods and soft smiles.

"Finally, you guys made it !" Nathan's enthusiastic voice reached our ears as he approached us, dressed in a form-fitting maroon tuxedo.

"You look beautiful, Amelia." He complimented me.

"You look very handsome yourself." I replied, giving him a warm smile, and we embraced.

"Congrats, brother." Lucas congratulated Nathan, hugging him tightly.

Leo, Wesley, and Jessica soon joined us, and the room filled with warmth and happiness. Leo wore a white tuxedo, Wesley sported a burgundy suit, and Jessica donned a gown of a similar hue.

"It's great to see you guys after so long !" Leo exclaimed, and we exchanged heartfelt greetings.

"I'm so happy for you both." Gushed Jessica.

"Thank you, Jessica." I replied suggestively, and we all shared a laugh.

Nathan interrupted our warm exchanges, eager to get the party started.

"Shall we begin ?" Lucas added.

Nathan walked up to an elevated platform.

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen! It's a pleasure to have you all here tonight for one of our big days. After months of hard work, our new luxury clothing line - Elysium - is finally out," he announced, and applause filled the room. "Once again, thank you all for being here. Enjoy the party and, of course, the first exclusive fashion show of our new line." He said, pointing towards a ramp under the spotlight.

Music began to play, and the guests took their seats, ready for the evening's festivities to begin.

Lucas and I sidled up to the bar, sipping our drinks.

"These dresses are quite impressive." I whispered, admiring the beautiful designs.

"Do you want them ?" Lucas inquired, causing me to turn my head toward him, finding his pensive gaze.

"Not at the moment." I replied, taking a sip of my drink. It tasted a bit sour, but I didn't think much of it. He gave me a subtle nod, shifting his attention back to the fashion show. We sat there, appreciating the elegant creations, when a few businessmen and women approached us.

"You know, I'm already missing that balcony." I muttered. He chuckled softly, suggesting, "Let's head there then."

"If I'm not mistaken, it's delightful to see you all again !" We heard yet another familiar voice and turned. It was Axel Reed.

"Mr. Reed." Lucas acknowledged his presence. Axel smiled, nodding subtly, and then turned his focus to me. Unlike Lucas, there was something about his gaze that didn't sit right with me.

"You look stunning." He murmured.

"Thank you very much, Mr. Reed. You look quite well yourself." With a swift nod of his head, he expressed his gratitude.

"How's the evening treating you both? I'm fairly certain you'd prefer to leave by now, but considering Mr. Smith is your closest friend, you're staying, am I correct, Mr. Knight ?" Axel spoke confidently, and he was indeed correct.

"What else can I say ?" Lucas sighed. "However, if you don't mind, Mr. Reed, please excuse us."

"Of course." He replied, but there was something unsettling about the glint in his eyes. As we were about to leave for the outside, a woman accidentally bumped into Lucas, spilling her wine on him.

"Oh God ! I'm so sorry, Mr. Knight." The beautiful redhead woman apologized. Lucas, though slightly frustrated, remained composed and accepted her apology.

"Stay here. I'll be right back." He instructed me.

"Or I'll wait for you there; otherwise, I'll have to deal with more people, something I'm trying to avoid." Reluctantly, he agreed before making his way to the bathroom.

I headed toward the balcony, enjoying the view of the beautiful seaside and the cool breeze on my skin. Suddenly, I began to feel dizzy. I clung to the railing, struggling to stay upright.

"What's happening ?" I mumbled, trying to focus on my hands through my blurred vision. My grip on the railing slackened as I struggled to maintain my balance.

"Lucas." I whispered, attempting to hold onto the railing again. But I fell short, and I was on the verge of hitting the floor when I felt a hand wrap around my waist, preventing me from falling.

"Lucas." I whispered once more.

"It's not Lucas, beautiful." I heard a familiar voice before darkness enveloped me.

__________________________________________

I hope you like this chapter.
If you enjoyed it, please let me know in the comments.

Do vote, it motivates.

Stay healthy.
Stay safe !!