Chapter 29

𝚃𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚢𝚘𝚞. 𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝'𝚜 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝.

 𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝'𝚜 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝

Teegan's POV

Walking out of the hospital for my lunch break, I felt a sense of happiness

Walking out of the hospital for my lunch break, I felt a sense of happiness. A few days had passed since Levi apologized, and we had made up. I was back to enjoying the little things with him and had less overwhelming thoughts of the negatives. However, I felt a sense of guilt. Alec was supposed to be released to his father, who also put in his resignation yesterday, much to everyone's surprise.

Overall, the school would be slightly better without Alec constantly reminding everyone how he didn't need to work for what he had, and as for Dr. Harrison, stepping down only would help the medical school have a chance of actually making improvements that weren't simply based on profits.

I was happy Levi was becoming more truthful and expressive.. As much as my inner voice warned me about him and how the red flags clearly presented themselves in front of me.. I couldn't stay away. I felt like an addict almost.. for how much I craved his attention, approval, comfort, time, everything..

Although I didn't get to see him too much today, he left me a message that had me smiling all morning.

Levi: Mi Tesoro, I hope you have a wonderful day, baby. No stressing, no worrying, no overthinking. Be the best version of yourself. x

Entering my favorite cafe, I ordered a mango smoothie and a croissant wrap with a cookie. I went to use my card when I felt someone's hand slip around my waist and money being handed to the cashier. I looked over to the person in shock and pulled out of their hold as they smiled at the cashier and ignored my look of pure fright.

Grabbing my food, I made a beeline for the door and soon heard the man's footsteps behind me.

" Teegan.. " Theo spoke, and I ignored him as I walked straight into the hospital after a brisk four minutes. However, as I made my way to my floor, I was grabbed and pushed into one of the women's bathrooms. I accidentally spilled the food on the ground, but I no longer had much of an appetite for it.