JOURNEY TO LOVE - 21

LUCAS KNIGHT

"Mr. Reed is on his way here." Amelia informed me as soon as she entered the room. My gaze immediately found its way to her, dressed in an alluring white top paired with a beautiful pink blazer and matching pants. Her curled hair cascaded freely down her back, and her lips were adorned with a subtle nude lipstick.

God, she's irresistible.

"Lucas." She waved her small, delicate hands in front of my eyes, pulling me out of my daydream.

"Yeah."

"He's on his way." She reiterated. I nodded and stood up, smoothing out any creases on my seat before following her to the conference room.

Since she was walking ahead of me, I struggled to keep my eyes on her back. She knew exactly how to sway her hips, making it a challenge to focus.

It was easier when we weren't married. What changed now ? I wondered.

Sighing, I made an effort to keep my gaze upward. Soon, we were in the elevator, and her floral fragrance filled my senses.

"We need him on board, alright ?" She reminded me. I gave her a nod as we stepped out. When we reached the conference room, she did a final check just in time for a knock at the door.

"Come in." Amelia commanded, and the door opened to reveal Jeremy, Declan, and Emma. They greeted us before taking their seats.

"You guys ready ?" She asked.

"Ready as always." Declan assured her with a lopsided grin. My eyes instinctively narrowed.

Doesn't he know that she's married ? I thought, my gaze fixed on her, unknowingly concealing her ring with the tablet she carried.

She has to wear it everywhere.

She arched her eyebrow at me, trying to look intimidating, and she was good at it. However, after spending a month with her, it was hard to be intimidated. She was just too adorable. I gave her a soft smile, which she returned. Just then, there was another knock at the door.

"It's them. All the best, guys." She said as Jeremy pulled the door open, revealing Mr. Reed's assistant, Candice, if I remembered correctly, followed by Axel Reed.

Amelia stepped closer to me and greeted them with a warm smile.

"Good morning, Mr. Reed and Candice."

"It's such a pleasure to meet you again, Ms. Parker. You look stunning." He complimented her, his eyes raking over her. For a brief moment, I saw lust in his eyes before he quickly masked it and turned to me.

"Mr. Knight ! It's good to see you again." He said. I was seething inside. My fists clenched in anger until I felt Amelia's soft hand on mine. Under her touch, I relaxed.

"It's good to see you too. Shall we begin ?" He smiled and nodded.

I couldn't deny that he was a charismatic man with his striking appearance, but nobody looks at my woman with that salacious look in their eyes.

Only the thought of her prevented me from putting him in his place.

"Let's get seated then." Amelia motioned for us to take our seats. We settled down, with Amelia beside me and Axel across from us.

As the meeting progressed, we discussed the details. Occasionally, I noticed his eyes lingering on Amelia for longer than I liked.

Much to my satisfaction, the meeting ended relatively soon, and we were ready to depart.

"I suppose the meeting was a success. You've got a good team, Mr. Knight." He praised, extending his hand. I took it, shaking firmly.

"The feeling is mutual."

"I'm assuming I'll be seeing you both at Mr. Smith's opening party ?" He inquired, his eyes shifting between Amelia and me.

"Of course, Mr. Reed." Amelia replied as they shook hands.

"Then see you both soon." He murmured, looking at her with a suggestive smile. Is she so oblivious not to see what he's doing ? The thought itself was making me furious.

"Sure." I responded.

With that, they took their leave, and I marched to my cabin without saying a word. She called my name, but I didn't look back. Once I was in my office, I immediately went to the window, gazing out at the view, trying to calm myself. The door slowly opened, and she walked in, looking concerned.

Standing next to me, she asked, "Lucas, is everything okay ? You looked so angry back there, I don't think it escaped their notice."

"It's because I am." I responded, gazing intently into her eyes.

"May I know why ?" She asked softly, placing her hand on my arm.

That was it. I couldn't contain myself any longer. I pulled her close to me, and a surprised squeal escaped her lips as her hands instinctively reached for my chest. Her eyes slightly widened before she relaxed.

"Are you too oblivious ? Don't you realize the way he was looking at you ? I wanted to rip his eyes out of their sockets."

A sigh escaped her mouth.

"I'm not oblivious. I'm just used to these salacious looks. Almost all the women on this planet are." She shrugged, as if it were no big deal, while I was enraged. My hold on her tightened; I needed her to feel safe.

"But I'll never get used to it. I'm very possessive when it comes to my family. And you are my family. The next time he looks at you that way, I won't be sorry for what I do."

"You won't do anything like what I'm thinking." She responded sternly before placing her hands on my cheeks.

"I never knew how good it feels when someone is willing to go to any lengths for you until this moment with you. I am so thankful to have you." She spoke so softly that all my anger began to subside. "And besides what would you say to himself ? Don't look at my wife like that ? Like what ?" She chuckled softly. "Lucas, he can only look, but he can't cause me any harm. Nobody can as long as you're here." She reassured me, burying her face against my torso and relieving me of all my stress.

"You're right. That does sound awful." I conceded. She chuckled, causing me to laugh as I embraced her. We stood there, feeling content in each other's arms, until she said, "So, let's forget about him and enjoy our day with our family. Finally, the project is going to get off the ground." She gushed, her happiness infectious.

"Yeah." I replied, placing a soft kiss on her forehead.

Afterward, we quickly completed our work before leaving for home.

___________________________________________

Hey guys !

I hope you all are doing well.
If you enjoyed this chapter, please let me k ow your views.

Please vote, it motivates.

Stay healthy.
Stay safe !!