Chapter 4

Everyone was sitting at the large tables of the dining room eating breakfast as Kenji recalled the frightened faces of the school's three delinquents as he snarled at them with his teeth bared the previous day and as he recalled the looks on their faces he just laughed at just how frightened they had looked, he was snickering but not very subtly.

The ten girls all looked at him funny and as he sensed their stares he looked around only to find all the attention focused on him which in turn caused him to hide himself in shame which then caused them to laugh out loud at his reaction and Kireitsune said "Oh Kenji-Dono, you look so cute when you are bashful".

She said this while giggling and then less shyly than usual but much cuter Tora said "I agree with Kireitsune-San". Chitayna then says "My cute future husband, I agree with them, you look adorable" so Kenji hid his face in his hands embarrassed and everyone else including Jackie giggled at the display which made Kenji sink down further into his seat.

A few hours later it was break time in school and Kenji and his usual school time companions were chatting about the morning happenings at breakfast, well the three girls were doing most of the talking which then caused Kenji to pipe up "I had a reason for laughing to myself, can you three just please stop with the teasing now?". Their teasing was embarrassing him more.

Kireitsune replied "Oh Kenji-Dono, I'll stop since I started it sweety" before kissing Kenji on the forehead and Tora then adds "I will stop too if that will make you feel better Kenji-San" and then she hugs him and then Yukino adds in her two cents "And I will stop too Kenji-Kun" and then strokes his cheek and Kenji blushes at the public displays of affection.

In the meantime other students are secretly staring at them, some in wonder and others in jealousy. The bell rings signalling the end of break and they all get up and get to their classes. Everyone is now in class and Kenji is thinking to himself while sitting at his desk 'I am starting to like these girls, some more than others but I still like all ten of them'.

Kireitsune is staring at Kenji from her peripheral vision thinking 'I wonder what is on his mind' but the teacher breaks them out of their reveries by demanding questioningly "Mister Shedji and Miss Hinamoto! Can you stop daydreaming and listen?". They both look up at the teacher who has her arms folded and give her small obviously sheepish smiles

Kenji and Kireitsune just go back to thinking to themselves as the teacher turns around. After school and before lunch Kenji is in his room and hears a knock on his door so now looking at the door expectantly he says "Come on in" and Kireitsune comes in through the door and smiles at him then closes the door in respect and Kenji wonders what she wants.

Kireitsune then says "Hey Kenji-Dono, I have talked to the other girls about something and they all agreed" to which Kenji replies "Okay so I see it involes me so what is it that you have decided?" And Kireitsune says "Well every few days two or three of the others will hang out with you at school" and Kenji ponders over this new information he's been provided.

Kenji then questions "And I suppose that that is to get me and them to learn to know each other better?" and Kireitsune confirms "Yes since the first days it was Tora,Yukino and I so the next days it is two or three others" to which Kenji says "Well that works for me because I need to get used to some of them". Kenji thinks to himself 'I need to get really used to them'

Kireitsune tells him "Yeah I know Chitayna,Jackie and Shishana are a bit too much sometimes and Kenji quips "Yeah tell me about it". Kireitsune quickly hugs Kenji and gets up and says smiling "See you at lunch Kenji-Dono" Kenji says "Thanks for informing me Kireitsune, see you then" and smiles back at her. She leaves his room and he does the same.

At lunch Chitayna asks "So Kenji-Senpai, what cool things did you do today at school?" To which Kenji replies "I did not do anything cool, I am not much of a cool guy, I swear" and Chitayna rebuts that by saying "Now now, you can not fool me my soon to be husband, you are amazing". and Kenji could swear he heard a smug tone in her voice now.

"Jackie then berates Chitayna by asking "Chitayna, can't you stop harrasing Kenji-Kun with your daydreams for once?" To which Shishana replies on Chitayna's behalf "Oh you know she is part of the pride Jackie so please leave her be" and Jackie rebuts "Well whatever,people need time for their thoughts you know?" Kenji says "What she said".

After lunch time Kenji was sitting on a bench on the lawn of the hostel when Chitayna appeared. Chitayna then asks "Hey Kenji-Senpai, what are you thinking about now?" as she hugs his arm and Kenji replies "Oh hey Chitayna, I was just thinking about how nice it is here at the hostel". Chitayna considers her next words carefully before getting to them.

Chitayna then states "Me and the other girls are fond of you, you know that?" and Kenji replies "Well it sure seems that way from how you and they all are towards me but Jackie" and Chitayna then says "Well she hides it and struggles to admit it but she does care about you" and Kenji says "If that's so I am sure she will admit it some time so I am glad".

Chitayna then says "I will make sure to work on my possessive tendencies even if it is part of who I am" and Kenji states "Well I am sure you like me for more than the fact that I can transform into a Cheetah too, right?" and Chitayna confirms "Yeah it is just like you just said so just deal with my personality please" and Kenji chuckles internally at the totally normal chat.

Kenji then says "Okay I will try since I know you are actually a very nice girl, just very misunderstood". They sit and chat on the bench until lunch which passes rather uneventfully, ironically enough. After everyone is nice and clean, teeth brushed and all the girls all say goodnight to Kenji and Kenji lays on his bed thinking about his conversation with Chitayna.

He thinks to himself 'I understand Chitayna a bit more from today onwards so I will be more tolerant of her starting tomorrow morning' he lays in his bed thinking some more about how he understands the girls a bit more every day and that he will get through to Jackie eventually even if he has to work for it, after thinking about it he soon falls asleep.