𝟎𝟎𝟓. calm day

𝕭𝗢𝗨𝗡𝗗 𝗧𝗢 𝗬𝗢𝗨
╔════ ❛ ❜ ════╗
࿐ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ⁵
— ❪ 𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦 ❫ ✮
╚════ ❛ ❜ ════╝

THE BRUNETTE GIRL woke up with a headache, already starting her morning off horribly. Aurelia was so not feeling school today, but there was nothing she could do. With a deep breath, she entered the bathroom. She did her brushed her teeth, then followed up with doing her skincare.

"If you're not quick, you're going to be walking to school, again!" Gabrielle yelled from the kitchen.

Aurelia groaned, "Just a minute, mom!" She yelled back as she quickly put her hair up in a ponytail, and grabbed the first sweater she saw, along with some jeans, "Okay, done." She said as she was tying her laces.

Her mom nodded and opened the door, then followed her as they walked to the car. Aurelia sat in the passenger seat, while Gabrielle was driving as usual.

"You do know I can drive, right?" Aurelia raised her brows, looking over at her mother.

"Yeah, but it takes more time when we have to switch when I drop you off at school." Her mother kept her eyes on the road, getting a hum from Aurelia.

"Have fun at school, proud of you for opening up, and..." She thought for a moment as she parked, "Am i missing anything?"

"Nope, bye. Love you." She said as she got out of the car, getting a smile from her mother with an "I love you" back.

"Hey!" Bonnie smiled as they intertwined arms as they walked into school, finding Elena near the lockers.

Just as Elena was about to say hi, Caroline walked in with flyers, "The Sexy Suds Car Wash is tomorrow. The football team and band have committed." Caroline told her friends as she walked through the hall, giving people a few flyers.

The three girls turned their heads in her direction, seeing how she was acting as if everything was alright after yesterday. Aurelia understood it was a coping mechanism, but she couldn't imagine the pain Caroline was going to.

"Well, not all the band. Just the ones who can pull off a bikini. I want in-your-face sexy," She paused, "I mean, it's a fundraiser, for God's sake."

"Unbelievable," Elena then turned to her two friends, "It's like nothing happened."

"She's in denial." Bonnie agreed, but Aurelia knitted her brows together.

"It's more of a coping mechanism, something I went through when my dad died 'till I finally exploded. It was terrible." She laughed at the memory, getting sympathetic looks from her friends, "No. Don't start, this isn't about me. It's about how Damon messed Caroline up in the head. He gaslighted her."

Stefan then walked up to them, "Hey."

Bonnie and Aurelia looked at each other with wide eyes, "Hey, uh. You know, we gotta go...um, be somewhere right now." They both turned on their heels and walked away, until Bonnie grabbed Aurelia's arm.