(V) Doctor-Palooza

FIVE

FIVE. DOCTOR-PALOOZA

       Juneau stared down into the O

Juneau stared down into the O.R., both jealousy and a feeling of pride running through her body as she and her intern group watched Meredith assist Burke in a heart surgery. Her sudoku book had been previously discarded on the floor underneath her chair when the surgery had begun and now she couldn't take her eyes off of it.

       George sighed as he looked through the window, "I wish I could hold a heart."

      "A monkey could hold a heart." Cristina brushed it off, failing to hide the envy she was feeling toward Meredith's current situation.

       "You're mad Burke didn't ask you." The male fired back. He wasn't wrong. It was obvious that Cristina wished she was the one down there, but then again all of the interns wished they were in there. Regardless, Juneau was happy for her friend.

       Izzie entered the gallery and sat next to Juneau, passing the girl a blueberry muffin. Her face lit up, thanking her as she excitedly peeled down the paper surrounding the bottom of it. "George, I need more ice and chips." Izzie told the doe-eyed male.

       "Who else did you invite?" He frowned slightly, turning in his chair as he referred to what was supposed to be a small gathering that night so they could meet Izzie's boyfriend at Meredith's house.

       As much as Juneau would love to meet Izzie's boyfriend, she wasn't going to be able to. It was Friday, and Jaydan was going to be away on a weekend overnight Boy Scout trip, so it was just going to be her and Gianina, and she'd planned a girl's night for her and her sister. While she did want a chance to just let go and unwind for one night with her new friends, she would choose her siblings over them without any thought.

       "We said the list was jocks only. Surgery, trauma, and plastics," Cristina reminded her, and a pinch of annoyance could be heard in her voice. "Who else?"

       "Just some people from the pediatric floor," The blonde shrugged nonchalantly, avoiding the other two's gazes as she toyed with the hem of Juneau's white coat.