Eid

As they say first is always special so is this Eid and the first chand raat post marriage is more special. Tomorrow is Eid and Mr. Farjaad is yet to arrive from the office, here Mrs. Farjaad is getting irritated by her shauhar's workaholic nature. In the past 1hour, she has called him 10 times and has sent uncountable messages and all that is of no use as she is unable to contact her husband all she is doing is pacing back and forth in the courtyard mumbling to herself looking at the last message from him which says,

"Chand Raat bohat Mubarak ho beghum sahiba(wink)",

 'ek message bhej kar jaise bada ehsan kardia ho.aane do ek ek minute ka hisaab na lia to mera naam bhi Umeed nahi, pehli eid hai lekin mujhse zayada zaroori kaam hai inka, Allah kaisi mohabbat hai ye is insan ki' when Mariyum entered and saw her bhabhi going crazy over her not so seedha brother,

'aaj to bhai ki khair nahi,chalo thoda mamla sambhalne ki koshish karte hain bhai bhi na'.

Mariyum,"Umeed yahan kya ghoom rahi ho chalo shopping par chalein Mama bula rahi hain aur Haya ka bhi phone aaraha hai".

Umeed was fuming and on the verge of breaking down because she expected a lot from him as these past few months were the best months of her life and now she was not in the mood to do anything, she wanted to complain about her brother to her but she decided not to as its still personal so she decided to avoid going out,"nahi tum jao ho aao mera thoda sir dard ho raha hai mai chai pikar thoda aaram karungi." Mimi knew that right now it will be pointless to convince her for shopping so they all left.

It was around 8 PM when she heard the horn from garage and she knew it's him as this is the most awaited sound for her in the evenings but she was so angry so she decided to bless her husband with precious silence it was a matter of seconds when she heard his footsteps and by the sound of keys clinking together she knew he is just a few steps behind her and she can feel him looking at her and she heard Farjaad greeting her," Assalamualaikum"

to which she quitely replied,"Walaikumasslam, aap fresh ho jaen aapki coffee lati hun."

she was about to exit the room when she heard Farjaad,"Aaj chai peelo mere saath", after hearing him she wanted to speak so many things but she decided to make him learn his lesson today and replied,"maine abhi hi chai pi hai mera mood nahi hai aap k lie banwa deti hun.".

Umeed saying no to chai Farjaad knew he was in trouble tonight,"chai to sirf tumhare sath hi achi laghti hai ab tum nahi peerahi toh I will also skip it".

Umeed went to prepare the table for dinner as this was their ritual no matter how busy they are but they always had their dinner together, all this while she could feel his constant gaze adoring her but not saying a word which was killing her from inside and Farjaad knew how much he affects her, she can sense him coming closer and her heart started beating little louder he came and stood behind her leaving just inch of space between her back and him, it's been months since they were married but every time he comes closer her body reacts as its first time experiencing this proximity when he slowly leaned forward just close enough to her ear and whispered,"Tumne mere message ka reply nahi kia, itne pyaar se chand raat ki mubarakbaad di thi maine". Umeed felt goosebumps hearing his extra husky voice and took a minute to control herself and turned to look into his eyes and say "Itni zayada mohabbat ki mere saare calls ignore kie, bas kardein dinner na kharab karen" with this freed herself from his invisible grip and went to dining table where Farjaad tried his best to pacify her angry bird and Umeed ignored his every trick.

Farjaad knew that this time his wife is angrier than usual and if anything that can help him now is chai made by him served with a genuine apology and explanation followed by some gestures so he decided to act upon it before it was too late to take his wife for mandatory chand raat shopping. He headed towards the kitchen prepared a nice cup of tea for themselves plated the cups beautifully and took it to their room with a small rose that he plucked from his garden and saw his wife talking to his sister and as he entered she ended the call and looked at him questionly but didn't ask any question she was about to go from the room when she felt a strong grip on her wrist that's the warmth she has been missing whole day and it really melted her, she wasn't looking at him as she knew the moment she will look into his eyes she will melt. Farjaad knows how soft Umeed is from inside his ignorance affects her a lot he slowly made her sit on the bed and sat on floor with their hand intertwined he kept looking at her and said softly.