Part 1

Miranda Priestly stepped out of the car heading towards the Elias-Clarke building. She is wearing a purple dress, a prada bag, a black fluffy coat and her red famous heels. The doors of the elevator opened and she took off her sunglasses. A hysterical girl ran towards her.

"Move it.. ooh" she mumbles when she almost fell over some girl standing in her way.

"I don't understand why it's so difficult to confirm an appointment." Miranda says annoyed.

"I'm so sorry, Miranda. I did confirm last night, but-"

Miranda cut her off
"The details of your incompetence do not interest me."

Emily hands Miranda the clipboard and she looks at it while still maintaining to walk in high rate of speed.

"Tell Simone I'm not approving the girl
she sent in for the Brazil layout. I wanted clean, athletic, and smiling not dirty, tired and paunchy..."

"RSVP yes to the Michael Kors party, the car will drop me off at 9:30 and pick me up at 9:45 sharp.
Tell Natalie at Glorious Foods for the fortieth time no, I don't want the tortes filled with warm rhubarb compote. I want the chopped almonds."

Emily is scrabbling everything on a paper trying to keep up with Miranda.

"Then call my ex-husband and remind him the
Parent-Teacher conferences at Dalton are tonight. Then call my husband and tell him to please meet me for dinner at that place I went to with Massimo"

"Right." Emily tries her best to remember every little detail.

Also, tell Richard I saw the pictures for the feature on female paratrooper and they're all so deeply unattractive. is it impossible to find a lovely slender female paratrooper? Am I reaching for the stars here? Not really. Also, I need to see what Nigel has pulled for Gwyneth's second cover try. I wonder if she has lost any of that weight yet"

She fixes her belt and notices Andrea, "who's that?"

Andrea steps in front of andrea, "Nobody, ehm eh well, Human resources sent her up about the assistant job and I was pre- interviewing her for you, but she is- she waves her hands and chuckles.
"She's hopeless"

"Well clearly I'm going to have to do that myself because the last two you sent me were completely inadequate. So, send her in"

She bends to sit down but before she does she turns her head to Emily. "That's all"

Emily gave a little fake smile, "right" she walks out of Miranda's office and she walks towards Andrea.
"She want's to see you"

"Oh, she does?" Andrea said surprised.

"Move" Emily said annoyed.

As Andrea walks past Emily, Emily notices the bag and snatches it out of Andrea's hands and throws it behind her desk.
"This is foul, don't let her see it, GO"

"Hey, I'm Andy Sachs" Andrea placed her papers on her desk and stepped a meter back.

"Andy? What a foolish name is that" Miranda said while pursing her lips.

"Well, actually it's andrea but everyone calls me andy" the girl replied sheepishly. Ehm, I think I could do a good job as your assistant and-"

Miranda gives her a look.

"I came to New York to be a journalist and I sent letters to everyone and I finally got a call from Elias-Clarke and met with Sherry in Human Resources and basically it's this or Auto Universe."

"So you don't read Runway?"

"No." Andrea said with hesitation in her voice.

"And before today, you had never heard
of.. me?"