(IV) Bethany Whisper

FOUR

FOUR.  BETHANY WHISPER

        "You are the first person they see in the morning

"You are the first person they see in the morning. You say please. You say thank you. You apologize for waking them up." Bailey informed her interns as they stood gathered in their locker room. Alex being Alex walked in late, which earned him a glare from their superior.

After he walked past, Bailey continued, "You make them feel good about you. Why is that important? Cause then they'll talk to you and tell you what's wrong. Why is that important? Because then you can tell you're attending what they need to know during rounds. And why is that important? Because if you make your resident look bad, she'll torture you until you beg for your mama. Now get out there ━━ I want pre-rounds done by 5:30 am." She finished.

Alex walked up to Izzie with a douchey smile on his face, "Morning, Dr. Model."

The blonde shot him a glare, "Dr. Evil Spawn."

"Ooh, nice tat. Do they airbrush that out for those catalogs?" He smirked.

"I don't know, what do they do for the 666 on your skull?" Izzie fired back. Juneau just watched in amusement, head propped up by her hand as her eyes darted between the two like she was watching a tennis match.

Her attention then turned to Meredith when the older blonde spoke to her and Cristina, "I'd better get good patients today. Yesterday I had two guys with colostomies who needed dressing changes every 15 minutes." She sighed.

"I'm gonna be in surgery. Today's my day." Cristina said confidently.

Juneau argued, "No way." Cristina retaliated by mocking what she said in a high-pitched over-exaggerated voice that was supposed to be Juneau's. "I don't even sound like that."

"On what?" Meredith asked.

"Like I'd tell you."

"What do you know?" The Mexican woman heard Meredith question Cristina as she pulled her white coat on, shoving her stethoscope into the pocket.