Sick Day

🎵You say sick day, 🎶

🎵This is what I say! 🎶

🎶A delirious 🎵

🎶Story🎵

🎵To make you laugh a bit! 🎶

🎶It could not go well, 🎶

🎵You could say just "what the hell" 🎵

Boy, be glad there isn't a part 2!

(Music)

🎶'Cause with this one-shot...🎵

🎶Let's have some fun with this one-shot...🎵

Yeah. That was a bad parody of the first song of the musical episode from Dead End: Paranormal Park. Just to make you understand the seriousness level of my fanfics (0)

Lloyd woke up and looked at the time on his phone.

«For the unlimited power of my grandpa, I'm late!»

He jumped out of the bed, grabbed random clothes and ran into the kitchen.

He put Star Farer cereals in his bowl, while putting on an ochre T-shirt.

He opened the fridge and grabbed the milk, but when he shut it he saw a note.

I'll read it later, he thought. He ate half of his breakfast and put his trainers on.

While wearing a shirt, he took his backpack and ran towards the door but...

Dear Lloyd, we checked your temperature while you were asleep and you had the fever. Stay home today, don't worry for school or training.

The ninja had thought that Lloyd could ignore the note on the fridge, so they put another one on the door.

Lloyd stopped and realized how he was about to go to school. The T-shirt was dirty, the trainers weren't tied, the one he was holding wasn't his backpack but Pixel's purse, the shirt wasn't a checked green shirt but the white one he would use for elegant occasions and he was still in his boxers.

He had been lucky to see the note: he could've gone to school sick and pantsless.

He wore again his pajamas and finished to eat breakfast.

Gong! Gong! Gong! Gong! Gong! Gong!

«Coming!» yelled Lloyd. We must change the doorbell, he thought.

He opened the gate and saw the mailman.

«Mail!»

«What do you have to give us?»

«A gossip magazine for Jay...»

«Obviously»

«A letter from Skylor for Kai...»

«Even more obviously»

«And no more»

«Now, that's a plot twist»

«See you next time!»

He was about to close the gate but he saw that the chicken was out.

«Ok, pal, come back»

The chicken didn't listen.

«Come on! Chicky chicky? Cococo?»

Ok, cute sounds and pet names don't work.

«Maybe... handsome and powerful rooster king?»

The chicken raised an eyebrow (I know, chickens don't have eyebrows, but imagine this like the description of a cartoon).

Then it looked at the stairs. He looked at Lloyd.

«Oh no, you don't»

The chicken put a paw on the stairs.

«Don't-»

«COCOCÒ!!!» yelled the chicken running down the stairs.

«Master Wu, the chicken is... oh, right, he's gone shopping. What do I-»

The boy saw the bike his father had given him for his 16th birthday and got an idea.

«Wa-a-a-a-i-i-i-i-t-t!» he yelled, biking -actually more bouncing- down the stairs.

When he arrived to the street, he saw the mailman checking the letters.

«Mister mailman, move over!!»

The man turned towards him and widened his eyes, before letting out an high-pitched scream.

Summarizing, Lloyd was on his bike in his pajamas carrying along an old (and coward) mailman while following an electric chicken... everything in the average I guess.

They followed the bird all the way to Ninjago City.

Lloyd put aside his bike, got in a taxi (oh, the mailman was still following him) and gave the driver ten bucks he had found on the street.

«FOLLOW THAT CHICKEN!» he yelled.

The driver turned the motor on and...

...and he started driving at the minimum speed.

«I thought I was gonna say it as an exaggeration, but that chicken is faster than us» the mailman said.

Then the semaphore turned red and the taxi stopped.

«Oh, come on!» Lloyd got out of the car, thanked the driver and, still with the mailman behind him, ran towards the chicken.

«Quick! It's heading towards the South side!»

The South side was full of water. It was near the sea, so it had lots of canals.

The boy and the man kept running, until they slipped on some soapy water and invested a noodle kiosk and a boy with a skateboard.

Summarizing again, the mailman was lying on a skateboard, Lloyd was lying on the mailman (PLEASE DON'T SHIP THEM) with a noodle bowl on his head, the skateboard was MOVING, heading towards the canal, and they were still following the chicken.

Useless to say it, they fell in the canal with an epic fly and they got totally soaked.

The boy they invested stopped recording and clicked on the screen of his phone, saying «Yeah! This will get a thousand views!»

«Great» Lloyd said «more blackmail material.»

The chicken flew down gently and landed on Lloyd's knees.

«Oh, and now you come to me, uh?»

Lloyd came back to the monastery and got to sleep. But the chicken woke him up with a lightning when it got hungry, which was two minutes after he fell asleep.

«Ok, ok, lunchtime, I get it»

Lloyd gave the chicken some food and ate lunch with him.

«You know what? You're nice company after all.»