JOURNEY TO LOVE - 12

THE WEDDING DAY
AMELIA PARKER

Finally the day has come, today Lucas and I are getting married, tieing knots forever.

I removed the creases from my wedding gown as I gazed at myself in the mirror. Tears brimmed my eyes, as I watched my reflection, adorning my mother's white tumphet gown. I wore the emerald necklace, that my dad got for my 18th birthday, and it rested just above the sweetheart neckline of  my dress. My hair was done in soft curls while a little makeup enhanced my facial features.

"I miss you guys." I whispered to myself, as my hands intinctively traced the gem. Just then Emily walked inside, looking as beautiful as an angel in her champagne colored gown. Her make up was smokey but light.

"You look beautiful." She praised me.

"You look just as beautiful." I replied. She did a courtesy bow, causing me to chuckle.

"Brother is gonna swoon over your sight." She emphasized. Caught off guard by her words, I simply smiled.

"I'll send Alex." She said and I nodded.

I placed my hands on my racing heart, in an attempt to calm myself but it seemed like a far cry.

"Wow." Alex whispered, his voice laced with amusement. I smiled, taking my time to have a look at his appearance. He looked so handsome in his black tuxedo.

"You look amazing, Alex." I muttered. He walked towards me, embracing me in his arms.

"You look so beautiful, sis."

"Thanks love."

"I am so happy today." He muttered, smiling. "I just wish mom and dad were also here."

"I wish the same." I replied, giving him a faint smile.

"Well, I know they are always with us." He held my hand, squeezing them. I gave him a subtle nod.

"I got you little something." He said, taking out a sleek rectangular box from his pocket, forwarding it for me.
"From some old savings." I smiled, and opened the box to find a tiara, adorned with twinkling jewels.

"For dad's princess." He whispered and I couldn't help but let the single tear escape my eye.

"Thank you. It's so beautiful." I thanked him, wearing it on my head. He placed a soft kiss on my forehead, before extending out his arm for me.

"Let's go now." He said. I intertwined my arm with his and with a deep breath, we walked to the altar.

As the gate opened, my breath became erratic, my heart pounded as if it wanted to break free, I lowered my gaze and let Alex lead me.

"Relax sis, you are way too tensed." He whispered, I inhaled a deep breath and gazed up and for a brief moment my heart seemed to stop, standing in front of     me was Lucas, my husband to be in only a fraction of a time, looking insanely handsome in his navy blue tuxedo, that clung to his body for dear life. His mesmerizing blue eyes shone with amusement and affection, and his raven black hair were neatly gelled back, giving him a dangerous yet alluring appearance but the small lopsided smile on his face, radiated warmth in every direction. With his chiseled jawline and impeccable style- he was truly breathtaking.