Chapter-1

Somewhere in a village , a few maids were banging on a door.

A poorly built hut with a shabby appearance . The mud walls were cracked , barely supporting the structure. Its faded color showed its true condition. The courtyard was open but was shabby as well .

A young lady was lying on the floor . No mattress but a wooden mat which provided no comfort. There was not a single piece of furniture .

The young lady was asleep but the constant and loud banging woke her up. She opened her eyes and found herself alone in that room . She adjusted her eyes to the lighting of the room . Not able to understand her surroundings , she tried to get up.

Her maidservant heard some voices from inside . She rushed inside hoping her young lady was awake.

"Young Lady !"Lian Fang came rushing to her after seeing her struggling . She helped her with settling down.

Where am I? Lian Fang ...? This place...this room ...this room .. It seems familiar...

"Young Lady ! Young Lady! Finally you woke up . " Lian Fang said in a very worried voice . She continued ," This morning your fever broke out . They have come to take you back . I told them you were sick but they still wanted to force their way."

I AM .,.AT..THE...THE VILLAGE !!How can it be possible ..!!I ..I...I...was asleep this whole time ... NO!NO! Was it a dream? NO! it was real .....

Shaoshang couldn't understand what was happening . She tried to remember her last moments. She couldn't focus at all . Her head became heavy and the world around her started spinning . The pain in her head intensified .

"Young Lady ! Young Lady ! You are so unwell and they want to take you back . They sent you here in this condition to die ."

It finally came to Shaoshang . She placed one hand on her forehead . Was it a dream? Was it a reality ? How can a dream feel so real? She thought . Her hand clenched her chest . IT WAS REAL!!

"Young Lady !! You are so unwell! What should I do ?" Lian Fang panicked seeing the condition of Shaoshang .

Shaoshang pointed at the cup of water . Her maidservant rushed to the cup and helped her young lady to drink water .

WHAT IS HAPPENING?

Was it real? But the pain is still there.

Will everything happen in the same way?

The pain is still there!!!! Shaoshang was immense in her deep chain of thoughts .

"I can check if everything will happen in the same way or not ", Shaoshang said.

"Did you say anything , young lady ?" Her maidservant asked.

Shaoshang guided her to place wood ashes at a specific place and open the door when she tries to barge in .

Lian Fang nodded and followed her orders .

The arrogant Housemaid, Li , tries to break the door, but Shaoshang's petty trick played well.

She didn't calculate where to place the ashes . She remembered from her past memory .

The Housemaid was angry at the Fourth Lady . She was shouting in anger .

Shaoshang went outside but all the voices couldn't break her concentration. She was lost in her own thoughts.

Still, it doesn't prove that everything will happen in the same way . Maybe there is no such person like him . Only one thing can prove it now.

Shaoshang ignored everyone and moved towards her carriage with the help of Lian Fang . Before entering her carriage , she noticed footsteps leading to the haystack . It will happen . She said.

Ling Buyi and his guards were standing on the edge of the cliff and observing them .

"The old woman is going to enter the carriage . I think if Dong is not in the carriage, " Liang Qiu Fei said .

" You need to fix your eyesight. Old Woman? That's obviously a young lady," Liang Qiu Qi said.

"From which residence is the young lady from ? Why is she dressed so shabbily ?" Fei asked.

Meanwhile, in her carriage , Shaoshang was quiet . She was busy with her thoughts . Any moment now!

Her maid asked in a very caring voice ," Are you okay , young lady ?" . Shaoshang nodded , still occupied by her thoughts.

"When your parents arrive , you will be able to live a good life " her maid insured her .

Shaoshang sarcastically smiled.

Shaoshang was counting seconds . Her heartbeat was growing with every passing second . If she doesn't help him, there are chances that her family will be implicated as well. If she interacted with him , the same timeline would follow . But wait ...This moment doesn't hold any importance. She was occupied with her thought ......then....the moment she dreaded finally arrived .

"STOP FOR INSPECTION!" a black armored soldier ordered.

The carriage stopped. Madam Li went ahead and greeted the general and asked," General, Why did you stop us?"

"We were decreed to capture a man. Search for the carriage " Qi said.

"Wait a minute. The lady in the carriage is the Fourth Lady of Colonel Cheng Shi. She is the only one in there. Young Generals, young lady is still an unwed lady . We can't let the men search for the car," Madam Li said.

Shaoshang was gathering every ounce of courage in her . She didn't think it was going to be that difficult . But this thing needs to be done.

I didn't think it was going to be that difficult . I can do this. If I do this , this would be our last interaction . I have to save my family. I want to save myself.

"Quiet , Madam Li. We're the family of the General. All the more reason we should obey the rules . I haven't done anything wrong . I don't fear anything. General , before you conduct your search , Can I have a word with you ?"

General Ling got closer to the carriage . She says"You shouldn't only search for the carriage. You will find interesting things if you burn that haystack " and point towards it . General Ling Buyi gets mesmerized by her hand .

The general finds the suspect .

The general allows them to leave . Later, he finds out he is the young lady's granduncle.

Shaoshang finally breathes calmly.

That person exists . It wasn't a dream . He doesn't know me ....he doesn't know about the hurt he caused . I want nothing to do with him . LIng Buyi , this is the last time we will ever meet . She looks at her right arm . The bite mark was still there . Our paths will never meet again .

Shaoshang didn't know it was the very moment he fell in love with him . He didn't know any noble lady who would turn into their own family in the name of justice . He didn't feel for her beautiful face, but her righteous actions .

He looks from afar as she leaves with her servants .

"Cheng Shaoshang"