𝟬𝟬𝟱. the winning prize

CHAPTER FIVE,the winning prize

CHAPTER FIVE,
the winning prize.

THE COLEMAN'S FAMILY DINNER WITH THEIR SPECIAL GUEST WAS A SUCCESS. Solana wasn't sure what bothered her more; the fact that her parents actually liked Steve or the fact that Steve wasn't the person that she thought he was. If we're being honest, Steve Harrington doesn't have the best reputation in the town of Hawkins...

Solana always heard about it too but she chose to ignore it. After her dreadful experience with him, she fully understood why girls were often warned about staying far away from Steve Harrington.

  Inviting a boy into her house was as terrifying as it sounds. Solana can't remember the last time that she took home a boy to meet her parents, and she never would've thought that she would've been introducing Steve Harrington as a friend. Seeing as though they were the farthest from being friends, Sol didn't have a choice but to pretend as if they were.

  Dinner went smoothly. Solana can tell that her parents enjoyed Steve's presence based on how they were laughing at his lame jokes. Steve is nowhere near funny, but Solana would be lying if she said that she didn't laugh every now and then. Do you want to know what gave Steve extra points from the Coleman's? Well, it had to do with him volunteering to wash the dishes after dinner. Solana was astonished, but her mom was impressed.

Steve felt so much love from Solana's parents. They instantly made him feel like he was at home. He was never expecting to meet Solana's parents today but he's glad that he did.

Now, here they are, in the kitchen. Steve Harrington was soaping and rinsing off the dishes, while Solana Coleman was drying them before placing them into the dish rack. Her parents were currently in their bedroom, which leaves the two young teenagers downstairs. Of course, before Mrs. Coleman said her goodbyes to Steve, she whispered to Solana that she likes that one. Sol didn't know what to say. All she did was show her mom a fake smile.

While the Coleman teenager was in her head, Steve realized that something was up with her. She's hardly said a word to him. They're basically done with the dishes now, which gives Steve the chance to ask her what's going on with her.

  "Hey, are you okay?" Steve's voice brings Solana back into reality. She didn't even realize that Steve was no longer by the sink. He was by the trash can, throwing away the used paper towel.

"Oh, yeah. I'm okay. Would you like for us to talk now?"

  Steve didn't believe her whatsoever, but he wasn't going to prolong it. He told her that they could now have their talk. Sol lets him know that they can talk in the living room. Following behind her footsteps, they are now sitting on the couch.

  Solana ensured that there was a good distance between her and Steve. Steve was observing her weird behavior. Besides, she was hardly making eye contact with him.