XXXi| The beginning

"The people who know you will understand why you're doing it." 

Since Bahrain, Mira Atkinson's life had gotten a little more

Since Bahrain, Mira Atkinson's life had gotten a little more...exciting.

Never in a million years did she believe that she'd have the numbers of any Formula 1 drivers, not even Lando Norris. Someone like her just didn't stand a chance back when she started out, no matter how much she liked the sport or e-sports. 

Formula 1 had been her only saviour for her years until foster families and group homes, something that most of them would let her watch since it also benefitted them. She could remember the times she watched Sebastian Vettel speed around track in the Ferrari and Lewis Hamilton's first win. 

She wondered what eleven-year-old Mira would have said when she found out she had the personal numbers of five Formula 1 drivers; Lando Norris, Carlos Sainz, Daniel Ricciardo, Lewis Hamilton and Sebastian Vettel. She also had the number of racer, Nicolas Hamilton.

Sebastian Vettel was the sweetest person that Mira had ever met. 

He cared so much about what Mira was saying to him, kindly asking her questions about how she was doing and what it was like around the paddock, before offering his help to her. 

Esme had been practically buzzing while standing there; she had always wanted to meet Sebastian but had been too afraid to speak to the other drivers while in her McLaren uniform (which she normally was when she was in the paddock). 

Lewis and Sebastian had both agreed that they would publically support her and give her advice if she ever wanted it, be there for major events when they could, and just be themselves. Mira appreciated that and still couldn't quite get over it.

It was Lewis Hamilton and Sebastian Vettel.

Not only that, Mira had been spoken to by Martin Brundle and, for some reason, that gave her great satisfaction. 

Lando loved the fact that Martin had spoken to Mira and he was happier with the fact she seemed to bubble with excitement over it. Not to mention, he was still claiming her to be a 'lucky charm' when it came to her racing.

Mira also enjoyed having quality time with Luke and Marco. While she spent a lot of time with Luke, she and Marco only saw each a few times a month since he was at work so often or on some kind of talk show to cook.

"Mimi, the media adore you," Lando sang as he showed her his phone. "They still haven't worked out about us which is surprising."

Mira hummed as she glanced at the screen, showing little interest.

"Why do they like me?" 

"They liked how you talked to Martin and then people saw you talking with Seb and Lewis," Lando replied as he lay back in the hotel bed. "It's cool to see you happy. The last thing I want is for you to hate being in the paddock."