[1] Welcome... to Camp Cretaceous

Welcome.... to Jurassic Park! dun dun duuuun! dun dun duuuun! dun dun duuuun da duuun da duuuun! dun da dunnn da dun, dun dan dun, da dun ghdijhajwie--

Dearly Beloved Readers.

We are gathered here together today to get through this thing called abandonment.

They left us.

At the docks, Ben gone, Bumpy missing, Tom--the idiot he is--repeating to us 'I told you so,' over and over again once we realize we're left for good on the island. Kenji--bless his soul--is freaking out, Brooklynn--curse her soul--is sulking, Yaz--poor girl--leaning on Tom--still an idiot--and Sammy--still can't believe the sweetest kid betrayed us but apparently we're past that now--, and Darius ahead of us all--probably the only one not bummed out to being left here--and me, Jackie, waiting for the wind to blow my hair back so I look as cool as the others as we all stare off at the sunrise, accepting our fate....

But waaiiiit.

I'm getting ahead of myself here, because at this point, when we'd realized that we'd been left on the island to fend for ourselves, almost half the story is over! And you, dear reader, would have missed some of the most harrowing parts that we endured!

Allow me to start at the beginning...

Camp Cretaceous was a summer camp for teenagers that was meant to promote and market the Jurassic World theme park.

It was designed as a way to generate revenue and attract more visitors to the park by offering a unique experience for youth who not only wanted to get away from their naggging parents, but who were also interested in dinosaurs and paleontology.

The camp was designed to educate and entertain its participants while also providing them with up-close encounters with some of the park's signature creatures--dinosaurs (duh).

Overall, Camp Cretaceous was meant to be a profitable element of the Jurassic World brand that would help sustain the park's ongoing success. Another program producing the one thing that turn even the most abstemious people greedy--money.

Unfortuantly, like the first Park created, it failed. Dinosaurs escaped, people got eaten, chaos took over, and sadly, my Uncle was to blame for the mess. 

Allow me to start from the beginning...

🦕🦖🦕

"Welcome to Isla Nublar campers!" 

Darius had just stepped off the ferry, his legs only a little rubbery from the wave-tossed ride from the mainland to Isla Nublar. He stood on the dock, hardly hearing the person speaking to the group. He couldn't believe he was really here! Jurassic World! Dinosaurs! His dad's dream. His dream!

Dirty blonde hair, red shirt and khaki shorts, the man who seemed to be the leader, grinned at the kids in front of him. "You are the chosen few, the first kids in the entire world to ever experience the awesomeness that is Camp Cretaceous." The man paced slowly, emphasizing some words, smiling and glancing at each and every camper, trying and successfully making them more excited for the next couple weeks. "I know the trip from a the mainland was rough on some," the man nodded his head at the one boy leaning over the side of the dock. "Hello Ben."

The boy, Ben, threw a weak smile over his shoulder before retching over the side of the dock.

"But you made it!" He eagerly yelled. "Let me introduce myself. I'm Dave, head counselor," Dave's voice took on a bragging tone. "You heard that correctly— head honcho, big shot."