Chapter 46: Perspective of Soldiers

September 12th

They have finally made it to Rondel.

The CH-53E Super Stallion hovered above the helipad while several US Army soldiers hurried towards the landing area

Camila Jim, lying on a stretcher, glanced at Major Adams.

"Major, thank you so much," Camila expressed her gratitude, her voice filled with genuine appreciation.

Adams beamed proudly in response, his efforts recognized and acknowledged.

The soldiers carefully lifted Camila's stretcher and began moving her towards the infirmary.

Mike gathered his teammates together and addressed them.

"We'll be resting for here now, until then we'll find any magic users in the city to build our Gate," Mike informed his team, the girls, the professors, Piña and Hamilton, receiving unanimous nods of approval in return.

The importance of their mission was clear, and they were determined to see it through.

"Alright, my team and I will head to the infirmary as well. See you soon, Mike," Adams responded, patting his fellow Marine on the back before he and his team departed.

"Ramirez!" a voice called out from behind.

Turning around, they discovered it was Dimitri Romanov, a Russian soldier, and Sofia Kapinos, a Ukrainian soldier, approaching them.

"You two are here?" Mike exclaimed with a smile, warmly embracing Dimitri when they reached each other.

"Glad to see my American friend here," Dimitri remarked, his deep Russian accent adding charm to his words.

"Glad to see you too, Mike," Sofia chimed in, also giving him a hug.

The display of affection between Sofia and Mike didn't go unnoticed by Millie, who felt a twinge of jealousy.

Sofia, noticing Millie's reaction, pulled away from the hug, trying not to exacerbate the situation.

"What brings you here?" Sofia inquired, curious about the unexpected reunion.

"Important business," Mike replied, his tone hinting at a deeper purpose.

He then introduced the professors who had accompanied them.

"Dimitri and Sofia, meet Professor Smith and Professor Smirnov.

"They are here to study the continent and its inhabitants, among other scientific pursuits," Mike explained, highlighting the professors' role in their mission.