Chapter Two: Snake Skin

As the trio continued to move away from Shuigang, a small mumble came from Aya.

    "What?" Neera stopped and placed Aya against a tree, "Did you say something?" She asked, gently placing her hand onto Aya's shoulder. A feeling of concern flooded through Neera's body. Aya had risked her life to try and protect them.

    Aya winced and hissed in pain as she opened her eyes and looked up at Neera, "I can walk...I can..." She blushed a little as it was Neera that was so concerned for her.

    "You don't look like you can walk," Dail said, stepping up next to Neera.

    Neera nodded, "I agree with Dail, you aren't strong enough to keep yourself up.

    "I can walk," Aya protested, slightly pushing Neera's hand off her shoulder and standing up, wobbling. She leaned up against the tree and groaned, "I can walk..." She argued, "Please..."

    Neera sighed and stood up, putting one of her hands on her hip, "If you say so...but still. We're going to help you. You obviously need it," Neera grabbed onto Aya's hand, helping her stand steady, "You okay? Are you sure you can do this?"

    "I'm sure," Aya blushed as she lightly squeezed Neera's hand. A small smile crept onto Aya's face.

    "Your face is pink, you need to rest. Don't push yourself," Neera teased a little, lightly prodding Aya's side.

    Aya let out a quiet squeal as she was poked.

    Dail followed behind the two, still carrying Aya's cannon in his hands, "We need to hurry up. I'm sure Brevon has drones tracking us," Dail said.

    "I'm trying, it's a little hard when we have injured," Neera said. She continued to help Aya walk, "If you helped we could probab-!"

    But before Neera could finish her protest, the sound of crashing trees and loud, mechanical noises came from behind the trio. And with the sound of Mechanical footsteps came a loud laughing.

    "TCHYAHAHAHAAAA!" The laugh of General Serpentine echoed through the area. Within an instant, a large mechanical creature jumped over the trio and skidded to a halt, "TCHYAAAAAHAHAHAAA! YOU FOOLS! YOU THOUGHT YOU COULD GET AWAY FROM LORD BREVON?!" The snake laughed. He stood atop the head of a mechanical panther robot.

    "We don't have time for this!" Dail raised Aya's blaster and fired at Serpentine. Who dodged out of the way of the blast.

"HOW DARE YOU! YOU TRY TO DESTROY THE INVINCIBLE GENERAL SERPENTINE?! BEHOLD! THE ALMIGHTY POWER OF THE MEGA HYPER ULTRA ROBOPANTHER MK 2.5!!" General Serpentine screamed, striking a pose alongside the Robopanther Mk 2.5.

While Serpentine was distracted introducing himself, Aya Dail and Neera had run for there lives, sprinting under the Robopanther, and out to safety.

"WHAT!?" Serpentine shrieked as he saw them running from him, "GET BACK HERE!" He screamed and turned the Robopanther around, chasing after them.

As they were being chased, Neera still held onto Aya's hand, to make sure she didn't fall behind. Aya was panting as she ran. She was pushing herself too hard, and she knew it. Neera glanced back at Aya and frowned, "Come here!" She sweeped Aya off her feet and carried her in her arms.

"WOAH!" Aya squealed as she was picked up, "Th-thank you!" She stuttered.

"Yeah- DAIL WATCH OUT!" Neera shouted as a laser blast from the robopanther just barely missed Dail.

Dail turned around and continued to run, using Aya's cannon to fire multiple blasts at Serpentine and his mech. They didn't do anything, just bouncing off and scattering into the wild.

"Y-your majesty!" Aya called out, getting his attention, "Shoot at it's joints!" She screamed.

"NO! DON'T DO THAT!" Serpentine screamed, knowing that would probably take down the Robopanther.

Dail nodded, "Thanks!" He fired a few shots at the robopanther's leg, getting a lucky shot and hitting one of it's joints. The front leg of the mech exploded and fell off.

    "TCHYAAAAHAHAHAAA!" Serpentine cackled, "YOU IDIOTS! MEGA HYPER ULTRA ROBOPANTHER MK 2.5, ACTIVATE CODE-!" But before the robopanther could do anything, it stumbled and began to roll, crashing into trees before eventually exploding into chunks.

    Neera stopped and put Aya down, before taking a few breaths, "You're heavy," She said.

    "S-sorry," Aya blushed and looked away, trying to hide her face.

    Dail walked over to the wreckage of the robopanther and watched the flames burn, "Good riddance I say..."

    "TCHYAAAHAHAHAA!" The laugh of General Serpentine echoed, before the snake man exploded from the wreckage of the robopanther. A pair of large, mechanized wings boosted him towards Dail. Serpentine grabbed Dail by the throat and lifted him into the sky, "I AM INVINCIBLE! NOBODY CAN STOP ME!" Serpentine screamed.

Dail gagged and raised Aya's laser cannon to try and shoot the snake, however Serpentine swatted away Dail's arm, causing him to drop the laser cannon, "HHrk-!" Dail choked.

Neera and Aya watched as Serpentine continued to strangle Dail, "I've gotta stop him!" Aya pushed herself, and charged forward.

"Aya, wait!" Neera shouted. She raised her spear and fired a few ice blasts towards Serpentine, who just dodged out of the way.

Aya grabbed her laser cannon off the ground as she passed and hopped into the air. She planted her feet on the wreckage of the robopanther, and launched herself off of it towards Serpentine and Dail. She pulled her cannon back, and right when she was about to reach Serpentine, she thrust her arm forward and slammed her cannon into the back of Serpentine's thruster pack.

Serpentine shrieked and dropped Dail, who gracefully landed on the ground, before turning away from the group and vomiting. Serpentine's thruster pack began to malfunction, sending him flying off in multiple directions, "I'LL BE BACK! BREVON WILL HAVE YOUR HEADS!" He screamed as he flew off.

Aya landed on the ground with a huff, "Augh!" She groaned in pain, before collapsing to her hands and knees. Neera and Dail quickly came to her side.

"I told you not to push yourself!" Neera shouted.

"Calm down, Neera. Yelling at her isn't going to make her better, we need to get her to Shang-Tu," Dail said, crossing his arms, "Although...I will agree with Neera on this. You shouldn't risk your life like that."

"A-and do what?" Aya rasped, "Just let you get captured? I'm your..." She paused to take in a breath, and stop herself from passing out, "I'm your royal guard...I'm supposed to protect you."

Neera sighed, "Still...I could've handled it. You don't need to do that. Please, don't do that again."

"I'll be fine," Aya coughed a few times before weakly standing up. She looked to Dail, then to Neera, then to the wreckage of the robopanther. She tried to take a few steps towards the wreckage, but fell down, falling unconscious.