Chapter One: Hostile Takeover

"Neera! Neera! We have to save the King!" Aya squealed, suddenly in full business mode. She grabbed the laser cannon off her back, and grabbed onto Neera's arm, dragging her into the palace, "Come on!"

    Aya and Neera charged into the palace, quickly regrouping with King Dail, "Your majesty-!"

Aya was interrupted as Dail spoke, "I know...it's him," Dail stood there, unmoving. He had been traumatized by Brevon. He was scared.

"King Dail! We have to evacuate! Now!" Neera said, stepping up to Dail and grabbing onto his arm.

    "Your majesty...how good it is to see you again," A voice came from behind the trio as footsteps echoed through the palace walls. It was a giant, green, monstrous creature.

    "Get back! Stay away from King Dail!" Aya screamed. She charged towards the creature and raised her laser cannon, firing it at the creature, who didn't even flinch when the laser bolt connected with his armor.

    "And who is this?" The creature turned to look at Aya and Neera standing there. Aya skidded to a halt as she locked eyes with the creature. A large scar ran down the creature's face, "Ah...I know you," It chuckled and looked past Aya, staring straight at Neera.

    "Brevon..." Neera said, clutching her spear tight. Small ice shards had formed under her feet, and where she was gripping her spear.

"It seems you remember me too. Good to know I left an impression," He chuckled and looked up towards Dail, "Ah...Prince Dail."

"K-king Dail!" Aya corrected, still holding her laser cannon up at Brevon. Her arm shook as she stood there, still aiming at the moth creature.

Brevon glanced down at Aya, and chuckled, "Fine then. King Dail, It's been such a long time since we last met, young king," Brevon smirked, his disgusting, yellow teeth gleaming in the light.

"HOW DARE YOU SPEAK TO HIM LIKE THAT!" Aya raised her laser cannon and fired multiple laser blasts at Brevon, each one bouncing off and hitting the floor and walls.

Brevon chuckled and stepped forward, grabbing Aya by the neck and lifting her off the ground. She gagged and swung her laser cannon, smacking it against Brevon. He threw Aya across the room, slamming her into a wall. She had dropped her laser cannon when she had been thrown. Brevon walked over to Aya and grabbed her by the throat again, lifting her off the floor and tightening his grip on her throat, "Nice try."

"Let her go!" Neera charged forward and slashed at Brevon's arm with her spear. He winced and dropped Aya. The sudden attack had stunned and staggered Brevon, giving Neera enough time to grab onto Aya's arms and drag her away from the moth.

    "King Dail! We have to go!" Neera screamed, dragging Aya away from Brevon. Aya weakly grabbed onto her laser cannon and fired a few blasts at Brevon.

    Dail glanced at Neera and Aya, quickly vaulting over the side of his throne and catching up with Neera and Aya, "Give me that," He grabbed Aya's laser cannon from her and fired it at Brevon, keeping him pinned down, "Hurry up!" Dail ordered Neera.

    Neera lifted Aya off the ground and onto her back, "I got ya'," Neera tried to convince Aya that she was gonna be okay. The trio ran, King Dail firing multiple laser blasts in Brevon's direction to try and keep him away. Neera continued to hold onto Aya, carrying her on her back.

    Brevon smirked as he watched Neera Dail and Aya run. He stepped up to King Dail's throne and sat down in it, "General Serpentine...execute Operation Stand-Down," He laughed.

    "As you command, Lord Brevon!" The voice of the treacherous General Serpentine squealed. An announcement from General Serpentine played out from the main ship, "ALL FORCES! BEGIN THE HOSTILE TAKEOVER! THIS KINGDOM IS OURS!"

    As Neera, Dail, and Aya fled into the streets of Shuigang, chaos erupted. Civilians scattered and ran, Brevon robots chased, capturing and murdering those who didn't comply with the invasion.

    As Dail and Neera passed by a civilian, the civilian screamed out for help as they were gunned down by a Brevon drone.

    Once arriving in a small clearing a decent distance from Shuigang, Dail turned to look towards his Kingdom. His home. Above it, dozens of Brevon ships hovered, and millions upon millions of small dots fell from each ship. Brevon drones. Brevon ships. Brevon's armada, "I have to go back."

    Neera gently placed Aya down against a nearby boulder and sighed, "No...we can't. We have to get you to safety. I'm sure that Brevon has drones searching for us. We need to go."

    "No! They're my people! They're my kingdom! We have to save them!" Dail argued, a sense of desperation and urgency filled his voice.

    "Dail! Listen to me! There is nobody left to save! Shuigang belongs to Brevon now! We have to get to Shang Tu, to Shang Mu, we have to get ANYWHERE but here!"

    "No! We can fight back! Like last time-!"

    "Dail! Last time Brevon came here with a weakened and destroyed army! This time he has an invasion force! I'm truly sorry, but we have to run. We need a plan. We can't just go in there and waste our lives trying to take down Brevon! Our attacks did nothing to him!" Neera argued, standing up to Dail.

    Dail could feel his anger boiling inside of him. He reached down and grabbed a rock off the ground, before chucking it with all the strength he could muster, "AUGH!" He screamed.

    "I know. But we need to speak to the Magister. We need to speak to Mayor Zao. We need everyone to listen to us. And...we need to get her medical supplies. She's hurt," Neera pointed towards Aya, who lay her head against the boulder. Her chest moved up and down slowly, and with force. She could barely breathe.

    "Fine, come on," Dail stepped over and grabbed onto Aya's laser cannon, "You carry her. I'll use this if anyone follows us. Let's go," And with that, the trio set off, leaving behind Dail's home, and leaving Brevon in control of Shuigang.

    Neera spoke up, "We will take back Shuigang, we have to."