Hang On - Part 1 (🥺)

[Using my characters for this however I may switch it over to MC / Y/N]

In the middle of a fight with Ranrok's loyalists, I looked over at Sebastian and ran towards him. I depulso'd a goblin nearly connecting his axe with Sebastian's back.

As the goblin fell lifeless on the floor, I heard our backup closing in, wizards and witches fighting the loyalists as my back pressed against Sebastian's. "Just a few more minutes, they'll be here soon!" Sebastian reassured me.

"At least this time you're proving to truly be the best duelist in Hogwarts!" I exclaimed as Sebastian laughed.

"I have a good partner!" He yelled over the fighting.

Most goblins began retreating and ashwinders began appearing. I guess it was rather dumb of me to not expect the loyalists to have their own back up... I sighed in aggravation as I began barely scooting away from Sebastian to get a little room.

The farther I got from him the more unsettled I felt. Like something terrible was going to happen.

Sure enough... I heard a chillingly familiar voice. Rookwood. I looked over just in time to see Rookwood staring daggers into Sebastian.

"Sebastian!" I yelled but Sebastian couldn't hear me over the fighting. I saw Rookwood's hand go over his head and just from seeing the way his lips moved, I knew he was going to cast an unforgivable curse. And maybe if I knew which one I wouldn't have done what I did but...

I ran over to Sebastian, screaming his name until he finally looked over at me. By the time he did, Rookwood had already muttered the killing curse. "No! Amaya, don't!"

Sebastian yelled at me but my body moved without any hesitation. Just as the stream of magic passed the halfway point, I stood in between it and Sebastian, my arms outstretched and my eyes locking into a deadly gaze with Rookwood.

When the curse hit my chest, I felt chills filling my body. My legs felt weak and I felt one of Sebastian's hands on my waist and the other taking one of my hands into his as I fell back, him kneeling down with my head in his lap. My wand fell to the muddy ground as I caught a glimpse of Professor Weasley fending off another attack from Rookwood.

I couldn't breath, I couldn't speak. Tears were filling my eyes as I looked at Sebastian.

"No... No no no... Amaya please... Please..." Sebastian gripped my hand as I stared at him. "Don't leave..." His tears fell on my face as the world seemed to fade into the background. "Fight it... You're stronger... You are so much stronger than this curse... please don't leave me..." Sebastian whimpered as people began to gather around, Ominis running up behind him.

I tried to fight, I forced every breath but it was so very painful. "Sebastian what's happening?!" Ominis yelled as he knelt beside him, grabbing his shoulder. "Tell me!"

Voices began fading away as I gripped Sebastian's hand. His lips kept moving but I couldn't make out what he was saying. I couldn't hear him anymore. I couldn't hear anyone.

I looked at the dark clouds moving in the sky as the sky began to weep with Sebastian. Rain hitting my cheeks. "Fight for us, please!" I heard one last time before closing my eyes.