Chapter 20- Playing Games pt. 3

Fairy lights and lots of them, they were everywhere, in the trees in between the rocks and weaving their way up the waterfall, kind of like a path. All of them were alight making it seem as though all the stars had fallen from the sky and were lighting a path.

"Adam, this is amazing!" I cover my mouth in shock at how loud it came out in the silence if the forest. My eyes shoot between him and the lights "How did you do it?" I ask staring at him, a small smile lights up his face as he looks down at me.

"Well I'm glad you like it and I’ll tell you how later, but first we have to climb" he grins, putting me back onto my feet. I am grinning like an idiot, I can just tell.

But you know what, I don't care.

It was amazing, literally probably the most amazing sight I have ever set my eyes on, it was dark, had been for a while and here I was standing with the most -and I can safely say this, even after what he's done- amazing boy on the planet. In front of hundreds of fairy lights that had been set up, weaving through tree after tree, all pulling you towards the incline up the rocks and to the side of the waterfall.

"Come on" Adam holds out his hand for me to take it, so I wrap my hand in his and let him pull me forward. Past all of the fairy lights on the ground and towards the rocks.

"Let’s do this" he smiles back at me, before pulling me in front of him. I grab the first rock and pull myself up onto it, spinning back to Adam to give him a hand up.

"I don't need help, I'm a man" he says flexing his arms before attempting and failing to climb up the ridge.

"Put aside your manly ego that's the size of Australia, for two minutes would you and let me help you up" I begin, but he was already trying to pull himself up...again.

He place his hand just under my feet, so I stepped back to observe his stubbornness that often leads to stupidity.

"I can-do ugh- do...it" he groans as he pulls himself up the rock. A smile lights up his face as he looks back down to see what he conquered, but the smile soon drops as he realise this is only got the first rock of many.

"Will you let me help you now?" I ask folding my arms looking up at him with a smirk.

"If it helps with the whole forgiveness thing, then yes" he smirks.

Looking between me and the next rock a small smile plays on his lips, he looks back down to me. He grasps my hand in a tight grip, before pulling me forward and climbing up some smaller rocks, pulling me securely behind him.

I use my free hand to help pull myself up the slippery rocks but just end up almost falling and pull Adam with me, but thankfully he's there every time to catch me. Apparently I didn’t need to help him up.

We zigzag and weave our way up the rocks and through the fairy lights, I ask many times why we’re doing what we’re doing but he tells me to be patient and that it’s not far.

I beg to differ, we have been climbing for a good ten minutes, my legs are burning and I can no longer feel my hand because of all the yanking Adams been doing on it to keep me from falling on my ass.

I feel like Frodo and Sam from lord of the rings when they're trying to get through Mordor.

Adam steps up onto the final rock, leaning down slightly he pulls me up.

I take a step onto the rock and secure my feet to the ground in front of him, leaning around Adam to see what he had done, I lose my balance and start to feel myself tipping backwards, sucking in a quick breath, my arms start flailing around like I'm on drugs. But before I can lean back the full way and go careering down the rocks and risk the possibility if breaking every bone in my body, Adams arms snake around my waist and he picks me up, spinning us both away from the side.