Chapter 1: iDon't Have Feelings Anymore

"Sam, can you put down that piece of fried chicken? Your boyfriend is waiting for us at the Groovy Smoothie!" Carly shouted across the apartment as she began to put on her coat.

While chewing on the cold piece of chicken she just pulled from the fridge, Sam shouted back "Alright, slow down Carls. Momma gotta eat. And momma isn't in a good mood when she's hungry!"

"We literally just ate dinner 20 minutes ago," Carly said as she shook her head in astonishment.

"Fine, I'll put it back in the fridge. But I'm eating it when we get back!" Sam exclaimed as she flung open the fridge door and tossed the fried chicken on top of some Tupperware.

Sam ran over and grabbed her jacket as Carly held the door open for her.

"Ya know, you could've at least wrapped the chicken up. Spencer's going to be annoyed to see a piece of fried chicken just hanging out in our fridge!" Carly advised Sam in an aggressive tone.

"You said Spencer won't be home until late tonight?" Sam questioned. "We'll be back before then and I'll eat it before he even knows it was there. Problem solved!"

Sam and Carly walked into the Groovy Smoothie to find Freddie sitting alone at a table. He had already ordered their smoothies and was slurping on his as they took their seats.

"You guys are a bit late," Freddie stated.

"Why do you think?" Carly shot back at Freddie while glaring at Sam.

Freddie grinned at Sam, "Sam, what were you eating?"

"Spencer had leftover fried chicken. I wasn't going to let it go to waste!" Sam pleaded looking for approval from both of them.

"Well, I'm glad you guys finally arrived," Freddie smiled. "And Sam, I was thinking that for our one-year anniversary, we would go to the Cheesecake Warehouse. And then after, we can watch a movie. What do you say?"

Sam unenthusiastically replied, "Oh, sure, that sounds good to me."

"Well you don't seem that excited, we can do something else," Freddie added in. "Did you have any better ideas?"

"No, Cheesecake Warehouse and a movie sound great. I'm excited for it," Sam said as she put on a half smile. "I'm going to use the bathroom real quick, be right back."

Sam got up and walked over to the restroom as Carly and Freddie awkwardly started down and slurped their smoothies.

"Is everything okay with her?" Freddie asked. "She's been off the past couple of weeks and I'm not sure why."

Carly took another sip of her smoothie while thinking about Freddie's question. "She's fine around me. Same old Sam. But I have noticed she's been a bit cold to you recently."

Freddie, now getting a bit upset, expressed "I know. I'm not sure why. It's like every time she sees me as of recently she just seems so uninterested."

"Have you tried talking to her about it?" Carly asked.

"No, but I think I should tonight," Freddie replied while not necessarily looking forward to the conversation.

While in the bathroom, Sam was staring at herself in the mirror. She didn't actually have to go to the bathroom.

"Why am I like this?" She asked herself.

Sam and Freddie had been together for almost a year at this point. Their relationship sparked after an app that Freddie developed, Mood Face, exposed that Sam was in love. He initially thought she was in love with his friend, Brad, but it turns out that Sam was in love with him. She planted a kiss on him as he was lecturing her about expressing her feelings.