🌼TWO▫️▫️

MARSHMALO| Theirs

Elliott went home afterward; he didn't even stay for a little bit, even though Olive, the second-year college student, wanted to be his new friend and invited him to a party. However, he politely refused, knowing that parties might involve alcohol, beverages, and spiked drinks. When he arrived home, he walked to the porch, approached the door, and twisted the knob to check if it was still locked – but, to his surprise, it wasn't.

Elliott paled, his paranoia kicking in. "What if someone broke in?" Gripping the strap of his school bag, he cautiously opened the door. He took a few steps inside, grabbed an umbrella from the rack, and moved forward cautiously. Rattling sounds reached his ears, causing his heart to pound faster.

He made his way to the living room, gripping the umbrella like a baseball bat. As the tension escalated, his forehead sweated. He didn't like this, he felt like a coward.

Then he suddenly felt a hand on his shoulder, causing him to jolt and turn around, ready to fight whoever it was.

"STAY BACK!" Elliott exclaimed, his voice tense with fear.

"Elli?" The man tilted his head. Elliott faltered back, eyeing the man from head to toe. He appeared to be in his twenties, wearing a black tank top and checkered pajamas, with dripping wet hair and a towel hanging around his neck. He stumbled backward but still gripped onto the umbrella for protection. "W-who are you? And why do you know my nickname?" Elliott's voice trembled with fear. Everything felt scary, reminding him that even home might not be safe.

"I'm your uncle." Time seemed to freeze, and Elliott couldn't believe that this man was claiming to be his uncle. His mind raced with disbelief. Suddenly, his phone vibrated in his pocket. Trembling, he fished it out while maintaining his defensive stance, and his uncle watched with a mix of amusement and disappointment as his nephew seemed to have forgotten about him.

As Elliott turned on his phone, he noticed a missed call and messages from a contact number.

Dad:

- Hey bud, your uncle told me that he's going home.

- I know that you are well-behaved, but still, behave.

- He's a good person, so no need to be paranoid, okay?

- You might not remember him, but it'll come around.

Elliott glanced at the man and finally dropped his arms down. "A-are you really my uncle?" Elliott asked, unsure and cautious, his paranoia still lingering. The man sighed and ruffled his hair. "I know what you're thinking, and yes, I'm your uncle. But how come you forgot about me?" Elliott was slightly taken aback when the man started to cry.

"You used to play with me when you were this little," the man sniffled, gesturing to a lower height, reminiscing about Elliott's childhood. Then, the man scrambled his way to him and gave him a big, tight hug. Elliott flinched and froze, unsure if he should hug back or just stand there.

It turns out that Elliott's aunt has a younger (way younger) sibling, making Rhys an uncle to him. Despite being in his mid-20s, Rhys is more than happy to be called uncle. However, Elliott can't help but feel awkward around him.