Prologue: The Cavern Under the House

Dragons...They were in almost every culture, Chinese, European, and even American history. But were there actual truths to this. This was something I had wondered many times over my 14 years of living. My name is Tiffanik and I'm currently moving with my Mom and Dad to California. My Family can't stop getting new fricken jobs!

I'm sorry Mom and Dad but even if this makes you two more money it is not at all cool for me, I've left a consecutive 3 schools because of this cycle and my friends that I only text online. To make it worse is that this is California, known for some of the most earthquakes from being a part of the Ring Of Fire.

And plus the Memes on the Internet do not help in the slightest. When I told my best friend Michelle that I was going to have to move to California she freaked out and actually started apologizing to me! I haven't felt so embarrassed in awhile.

I shouldn't get my hopes up though because there's a chance something Amazing can happen. Anyways My Mom and Dad were driving down the road in our Trailer, I rode in the back in order to stay next to the inbuilt charging port so I could ignore the world that forced me to keep changing.

"Okay...Wikipedia...go" I mumbled as I scrolled through Wikipedia. Since I had infrequent school Hours I learned on Wikipedia on my own. This is also how I learned to love Animals more than people. They had such an interesting way of working. It's like a Giant Jigsaw Puzzle, Every piece is able to fit just right and all the pieces rely on each other to maintain the full picture.

I eventually look up the Powerful Predator known as The Komodo Dragon. It's a bulky animal with some of the best Venomous Capabilities in the Animal Kingdom. I'm getting a bit carried away about this.

Anyways the Trailer came to a stop and I fell forwards slightly from the lurching motion of the Vehicle's owner making a Stomp on the breaks.

"Dah!" I had to grab onto the window ledge in order to stop my falling.

Coming out of the Trailer I step onto the state ground and grind my shoe into the ground. If felt kinda nice and smooth with a touch of crunchy.

"Alright Tiffanik, I'm Sorry this has been a slightly bumpy lifestyle but if me and your mom get this new job and secure it then I think this could be our official Home" My Dad said as he laid a hand on my shoulder.

I could tell he was trying to be sympathetic for the fact we were switching homes left and right but it wasn't working. "ugh...I'll try and Adapt" I replied as I rolled my eyes.

Sensing my reluctance to accept this new lifestyle he just went back to unloading the Trunk.

I went to check out our new house. It was one of those houses that you'd see in a trailer park but a bit larger and a dark brown paint.

There were four windows in the front of the house and 2 in the back with 1 on the sides.

It was a weird design but because there were other houses with this very same layout just with pales and white colors it wasn't too weird natively.

I peered under the porch stairs and used the Flashlight from my phone to check if there was anything interesting.

There was a lot of mud under there, and the underside of the porch was eroded from rainfall and allowed Moss to grow under it.

However something else caught my attention. Sticking out from under the mud like a buried treasure. "What's this?" I beamed my flashlight to the muddy terrain and saw it looked like two pointy rib bones sticking out.

I rolled back my sleeves and grabbed the object by one of the bones and pull at it. It came out fairly easily and took some mud with it's wake.

It was not a bone but...a helmet?