XXVii| Loki Clause

"You love me more than Loki."

Christmas hadn't always been a festive occasion for Mira Atkinson

Before her brothers had taken her in, Christmas wasn't something Mira had any happy memories with. There were no presents, no singing or Christmas trees in a few of the homes and when there was, Mira was excluded from all activities by the other children. Or it would go the other way where the home was so festive that all the blinding flashing lights and blaring music at ridiculous volumes would turn Mira into a recluse in her room.

Luke had changed that when they took her in. Mike wasn't a very festive person (which is why he always ended up on business trips) so Luke took up the role of making Christmas something memorable for Mira.

It was a part of her life that Mira had yet to Lando; there was no need to tell him. It wasn't going to change anything about their Christmas together other than potentially making Lando feel pity and Mira really hated that.

The days leading up to Christmas day were pure bliss.

With the two of them having no work or responsibilities, Mira and Lando were able to spend quality time together without worrying about having to leave again. Days were spent decorating their tree, putting up fairy lights and attempting to watch movies while Mira fell asleep. There were days when Mira and Lando would stream on Twitch together; it always confused people because they hadn't officially told any media that they were together and they didn't post about each other on social media. Mira just assumed people thought it was because of McLaren that they streamed together...which was true in a way.

Knowing that Mira hated the texture of standard Christmas jumpers, he went out of his way to order them Christmas hoodies to lounge around in for most of the days. Considering they weren't supposed to be going outside for unnecessary things anyway, they didn't mind being inside.

"You look gorgeous," Lando complimented as he saw Mira's dress. "Where have you been hiding that?"

"It's for special occasions only," Mira replied, continuing to curl her hair,"Do you like it?"

"Of course I do," Lando smiled, kissing her cheek while avoiding burning himself on the hair curler.

"You should wear your top like that more often," Mira commented as she could sight of the opened buttoned shirt. "I like it."

"Oh yeah?" Lando teased with a smirk,"I think that you wouldn't be able to stay away from me if I wore shirts like this all the time?"

"Do you have a problem with that?"

"You know I don't—"

"Then be quiet, pretty boy," Mira winked, kissing his cheek as she walked towards the kitchen.

"Oi, get back here—"

"I have to sort out Loki, Lando."

"He can wait—"