C H A P T E R - IV

N O - E S C A P E

It's was friday today, and the entire Mathur Haweli was full of chaos, the Vashisht's had already confirmed that they were visiting and going to accompany the Mathur's for their once in a year happening, family pooja. While the mothers were busy preparing delicious delicacies for the day, paying extra attention as a new family was going to join them, the men left no imperfection in decorating the house, while the kids were helping Nandini and dadi in the arrangements for pooja.

Only Ayesha was with Devika in their room, as she was instructed to help Devika look more pretty than ever today. It felt less like a family pooja and more like Devika's wedding day, but nothing could be said infront of the elders. Everything was happening as per the elders of the family chose to do. And why not, extra things are always admired in Indian families after all, and the Mathur's hoped that the Vashisht's get impressed by their extra efforts.

But meanwhile on the other side, Mr. Atharva Vashisht were still not ready while his entire family was bursting with excitement, Manav and Abhi being their usual selves but even Akarsh seemed to be joking around, much to everyone's delightment. Mr and Mrs. Vashisht were busy arranging all the necessities that they had to take along with them to the Mathur Niwas. The hotel they booked for themselves was ready at it's toes to serve the family with their staff and Manya, she was exhausted looking after everything and even now her Avi Bhai wasn't getting ready.

"Kya hua Avi bhai? Aap please ready hojao, late horaha hai!" She said as she entered his room after a knock and found him sitting on the couch with his laptop.

"Bas ready horaha hun bhabhi, five minutes!" He said trying to pass Manya a faded smile, but somehow she could see how he was not ready for all of this mentally.

"Agar aapko lagta hai ki ismein mera koi bhi fault hai, toh I am sorry. But bhai, you need to understand, saari life aap aise sad hoke nahi bita sakte, maa hurt hoti hain aapko aise dekh ke..." she spoke as she sat next to him, trying to communicate somehow so that she gets to know what's running in his head.

"I know, bhabhi. And I am okay, just a little caught up in my work!" He said, finishing off typing the mail he was writing and closing the laptop to stand and get ready now.

"Devika bahut achi hai bhai, and I am sure aapko usse milke yeh zarur samajh aayega!" Manya said, passing Atharva a smile to which he nodded and returned back before she left his room.

There was this feeling in his heart, not leaving him alone, the fear of having another person in his life, to loose. If somehow he agrees to marry her, and then falls in love, then? What's next? Either she would leave him like others or she would be snatched away from him, just like his past. Both the way, he is the one who will loose his sanity and he will be left again, with just a shattered heart, within his chest. Crying and begging to feel okay, but it doesn't gets okay, it never feels fine again after another pain, he just learns to live with it, with another scar.

With a heavy heart, beating so loudly, he slowly managed convince himself to get dressed. He had promised his mother, to give himself and the girl a chance, and he didn't want to be unfair to his family anymore, if this brings them the joy they deserve, he will definitely try his best.

After quick 10 minutes of a hot water shower bath, he changes into a pair of crisp white formal shirt, and beige colored pants to go with it, his black and golden belt on his waist while he put cufflinks over his sleeves, and pocket to complete the look, his rolex watch and bridlen shoes never leaving his side, he gelled his hair back and with the outfit, he got perfectly dressed up. According to himself, he was being minimalistic and semi formal, but oh, he did not even realize that he looked like he dressed to impress and it was definitely working as all the not only female but male staff present in the hotel, who passed by him, couldn't help but gush about how charming he looked.