XXVi| The Norris'

"Just let me panic, I can hide it well."

The end of November and the beginning of December had been uneventful

Lando had three reasons in three weeks so he'd been away. Mira completed her last races for the pro-championship just as he'd returned home. It had been easier for Mira to deal with him being away because she was busy focusing on three things; e-racing, quadrant and sorting out legal for her charity.

When Lando had arrived back, exhausted from his flights, he'd entered a house full of paper spread across all the tables. Most of them were logo designs for everything Mira had been up to, track layouts, laptimes and her McLaren Shadow schedule for any events. 

To Lando, it just looked like she'd got into overdrive and from the exhausted look, she hadn't slept much either. He wouldn't if this was particularly because she had no one around to tell her to stop now. When she and Esme lived together, Lando knew Esme was the type to force Mira to pack up and when Lando was with Mira, he was able to persuade her to go to bed. 

"Mira," Lando whispered. "Have you actually slept?"

Mira stared at the papers for a moment.

"Not really."

"Why not?"

"My Brain wouldn't switch off," Mira admitted.

"Okay," Lando half-smiled. "You are going to bed right now."

"Hypocrite," Mira crossed her arms. "You haven't slept either. I know because you text me you didn't sleep on the flight back, which is 7 hours. I know you were up way before that because once again, you were texting me."

"Oi, I didn't say that I wasn't going to bed!" Lando argued. "Bad phrasing. We are both getting some sleep."

"Fine," Mira mumbled.

"You don't need to be so angry about it," Lando joked as he took her hand and began to lead them upstairs. 

"I'm not angry—"

"I'm joking, Mimi," Lando assured. "Now put some pyjamas on."

"What if I don't want to?"

"Tempting offer but you look like you're gonna pass out," Lando laughed.

"I hate you."

"No, ya don't.

Mira climbed into the bed next to him, pulling herself under the covers. Within just a few seconds of Mira attempting to find the correct position to sleep in, Lando had slid his arm over her waist and pulled her closer to him, placing his head on her shoulder.

"Why are you being so clinging?" Mira mumbled. "It's usually me that's clingy."

"I'm allowed to miss you, aren't I?" Lando replied quietly. "You complaining?"