I'll Murder Him

"I've already told you it isn't happening, lose my number." Tim growled into the phone, squeezing it tightly in his large hand.

Lucy admired Tim's confidence, but knew deep down Tim was just as vulnerable as she is. As she was.

Lucy knows what she wants now. She wants Tim. Him and her little scum were never meant to last, she knew that. From the first day, Lucy knew Ashley was trouble. She would constantly flirt with other men when Tim was not around, send explicit photos to "close friends."

She scoffed at the reminder of the thing, then made her way towards an angry Tim Bradford. She leaned against the small kitchen's counter, the other hands on her belt holding her gun.

"Morning," she simply spoke, smiling.

"Don't start, Chen." Bradford warned, closing the white fridge. His hand flew to his beck, trying to readjust the now uncomfortable uniform's collar.

"Don't talk to me the way you talk to that little play thing of yours." Lucy barked back, raising an eyebrows as she closed the door.

Tim exhaled, rubbing at his growing stubble. I could think of something else those hands could do.

"What is this, huh? What, your boy toy breaks up with you and you go all emotionless? Classy." He scoffed, turning on his feet to face the brunette.

Lucy grew quiet, a lump in her throat. Fuck, I screwed up.

"He didn't break up with me, I broke up with him." She spoke finally, walking out. Bradford followed behind her, but stopped when she entered the women's locker room. He sat outside the room for twenty minutes before deciding she was not going to leave.

                                       Lucy Chen

Tim: "I'm sorry I snapped at you. Can I come over?"

Lucy: "it's whatever, bring something to eat."

Timothy smiled at his phone, immediately starting his truck. He changed to a tight, maroon shirt, along with black jeans. Exiting his house, he placed an order for the two.

Once arriving to Lucy's apartment door, he hesitated to knock. Lucy had given Tim the keys ages ago, after Chris had gotten a little too touchy.

Tim snarled at the thought, barging through the door with one arm. He hands flew for his keys, placing them back in his pocket.

"Sure, come in." Lucy commented from the couch, the back of her head facing Tim.

Tim went for the fridge, grabbing two beer bottles before placing himself beside Lucy. He sat a single cushion away, careful not to bother her.

"I shouldn't have said all those things about Ashley last week," her voice was soft.

"I'm glad you did, she keeps calling me. I've blocked her but she still manages." Tom crossed his arms, thrusting his hips forward slightly to fix himself on the couch.

Lucy noticed, smirking to herself before facing him.

"Cant blame her, she knows what she wants." Lucy replied, reaching for her bottle.

There was a moment of silence, Tim just gazing at Chen.

"And you? What do you want?" His eyes narrowed, one arm now holding his head.

Lucy didn't dare look at him, but instead headed to her bedroom.

"I'll only be a minute." She simply said, closing the door. Timothy stayed sat, waiting for her to exit.

The woman exited after two minutes, with a long tank top and smaller shorts. The top hugged all her curves correctly, and Tim admired that for a second, before noticing what laid on her pale arms.

There were purple and green bruises on her arms, a few on her back as she turned around.

"I should've told you sooner," Lucy sniffled, trying to hold on her cries.

Tim immediately got up from the sofa, grabbing his phone and wallet from the island. His stools were angry on the wooden floor as he headed for the hallway, pausing when he felt a sudden hand on his arm.

"Don't please," Lucy whispered, holding his hand as they stood there.

Her hair was wet from recently having showered, and her hands were soft. She had a floral smell, with a hint of strawberry. Tim scowled under his breath, letting go of the door's handle.

He brought both his hands to Lucy's head, cupping her head and bringing her to his chest. She wrapped her hands around his waist, and it was as though they had been in Tim's living room again, reliving their worst nightmare.

Lucy pressed her cheek onto his chest, inhaling his faint cologne. She loved the smell he carried anytime they embraced, he only wore one cologne, the one she bought for him as a joke after winning an award she had created, "Biggest Moper."

Tim slowly let go of her head, turning her body around so he could face her upper back. There were bruises around her shoulders and trailing up her neck. He moved her wet hair slightly, leaning to whisper in her ear.

"You're with me now, you're safe." He reassured to his sobbing partner, wrapping his arms from behind her onto her flat stomach.

The two stood there for a few minutes, Lucy eventually pulling away.

"You should go, we have an early shift tomorrow." Lucy sniffled, scratching at her head.

Tim understood that she wanted to be alone, and soon left. Lucy looked back at the living room, his denim jacket was still hanging on the couch. His beer bottle wasn't touched and there was still an aroma of him lingering. I want you.

That night Lucy Chen went to bed, sobbing in her satin pillow. She cried for hours before finally falling asleep to the sound of bird chirping.