Bits And Pieces 1

"Schuy, sleep early sweetheart, you still have a class tomorrow," Kiefer called out to her daughter who's watching the TV.

                Schuy is 5 years old, a carbon-copy of her Mom, except for the eyes. She has Kiefer's eyes.

                "Daddy, I'll sleep with you," Schuy presented herself with puppy dog eyes. Kiefer knew she could never say no when her daughter strikes that look. She took that after her mom. Mika would also pull that kind of look if she's adamant about something, and she would get it. Kiefer just can't take to break her heart. He smiled knowing that the women in his life just happen to have an ace against him.

                Schuy settled herself on the bed and pulled up the covers, while Kiefer took out the leather bound notebook.

                "You'll read that again?" Schuy asked.

                "It has become a habit, sweetheart," Kiefer kissed her forehead.

                "You really miss her, don't you?" Kiefer felt a lump on his throat. "That's why you've been reading that."

                "Sleep now sweetie," Kiefer said and tuck her daughter to sleep. He switched off the lights leaving only the lump shade beside him on. He opened the notebook and read it.

Hey Kief,

                It is obvious that this first page was just stapled to this piece of parchment. I did so because I need to write something for you. When I made this diary, it was only because at one point in every girl's life, she needs to make one. I am not good in writing; it will be very evident as you flip through the pages. I find connections in every quote I read; sometimes I'd have to pretend there is, hahaha. One reason I made this crazy diary is for me to laugh at myself someday for having the nerve to fantasize you, you're a shot to the moon, you know. You're that great phenom, and I'm just a simple, not-so-powerful-spiker (though I must admit I'm a bit popular, conceited ain't I?) . I reckon you like your girls petite, and I'm just freaking 5'11" tall (though you must admit I'm just too cute, hehehe).

                You are the bits and pieces of my favourite literature put together, my sonnet (though old English way of writing is killing me), and the hero  of my favorite book brought to life.

                You are my forever, my infinity and beyond and all the cheesy words an in love soul can think of.

                Enjoy reading this babe, and thank God for our love story.

P.S.

I love you.

Kiefer let out a sigh. His wife really never ceases to make her smile. He flipped to the next entry in Mika's diary.

Hey you,

                Yes you! Why are you so cute and perfect, you little shit?

                I'm in the sidelines watching you dribble that ball with your ass sticking out, and why does it seem to compliment you, huh?! Oh! I think you looked my way, did you really?!