if only i knew ; part 1/?

a little girl who was running into the abyss of alleyways to escape the adults who only had the horrid intentions in mind wasn't common for any kids within this community. in the case of the state of their living area, it was obvious why everyone couldn't go a day without being on their toes. the entire neighborhood was run down. lawns were overgrown and covered in weeds — hell, in some places she couldn't even tell there was a sidewalk to walk upon. the houses were starting to emerge within nature themselves. concert porches were cracked, and the wooden ones were fading away. the workspace buildings that surrounded the run down homes weren't in better condition. the area contained few street lights which caused most of their surroundings to be pitch black. a perfect space for those who needed to hide within, and those who were hunting the prey. everyone has to be smart in this world. one wrong move and she'd get swept away, never to be seen again. as one of the oldest kids in this dump of an environment, all the youth looked up to her with the utmost respect and then for leadership in how to survive.

all of that extra training had come around to be useful as quick huff came out of the sprinting girl's mouth. she never tore her eyes from looking forward, following her first rule to survive in this suffocating and dangerous place: never look back. she kept her eyes on everything that could possibly slow her down and dodged those areas with efficiency; sharp turns were her forte after all these years of practice. when she heard the footsteps die down from behind her, she didn't stop even though her lungs were burning up from the lack of oxygen she was getting; however, she felt a sense of luck that she was in fact breathing. many people — many kids, don't make it out of those situations, and even she felt as if her luck was running out.

she managed to make it home safely, and walked up her run down, and massively broken porch to put her hand onto the doorknob which belonged to the house she was living within. although, she froze in her spot the moment she heard the clashing of tableware and yelling at the top of someone's lungs that came from the inside and escaped into the air from the opposite side of the door. the little girls head fell, as she let go of the doorknob and took a step backwards.

"why am i still here?" the nameless girl questioned herself, hands absentmindedly hanging formed into fists as all the angered voices from within her head had begun to take over her sense of better judgment. she turned around and looked at the darkly dimmed sky. her surroundings were close to blackness if it wasn't for the one streetlight in front of her house which shone a small portion of her overgrown lawn and rundown road. something — an instinct from within the girl's stomach begged her not to go, not to let this emptiness that her parents forced onto her to be the blockage of her own mind. the same brain that knew how to survive, and never failed her once. however, in the heat of the surge that years of untouched emotions brought up within her, she went back on her rules. she walked down from the porch, slightly tripping over one of the stairs within the process. she lowly cursed at the instability of the entire neighborhood that she knew like the back of her palm.

with her hands lodged within her slightly hole-covered sweatshirt, she walked down the sidewalk which led her away from her childhood house. one thing she did appreciate about this horrid area was the fact that due to how dim it was, she could see the stars clear as day. she would get absorbed within the sight of them at any given point in time. she's let her guard down for just a second to admire how beautifully they shined above her, giving her some hope that even though they weren't seen all the time, they still shined beautifully ... and that's exactly the reason why she didn't see the fully blackened car following her trail, and why she didn't hear the door open, and why she didn't know that someone was standing right behind her until there was a hand covering her mouth and it was too late for her to run away.

a soft tune surrounded the entire floral shop that you had built from the ground up. as you put your phone on the hand free stand, your phone screen automatically turned on to reveal which track was playing: lover by taylor swift. you softly smiled as you grabbed a batch of bundled up flowers and put them in vases to showcase your advanced abilities to the multiple customers which would fill in the small gapped room.