XXiV| Bad language

"Damn, Mimi."

Just six days after leaving, Lando Norris was already back in Mira's house

He had rushed to get back after his team's debriefing because he wanted to be home for her next set of e-sports racing. He was so interested in it and would be even if Mira wasn't racing, she was just one incredibly heartening bonus.

Plus, Mira wasn't the only one Lando missed while he was gone. He had begun to think of Loki as his own cat at this point and treated him like a child...just as Mira did. He wasn't sure whether was a good thing or not.

Lando made sure that Mira wanted him around because he was also aware he was with her a lot when he was home. Except, to Mira he was gone more time than he was there so it never felt overwhelming for her. Besides, they were still taking things slow in most areas.

Then there was the situation of karting. Lando didn't let Max forget that Mira had managed to beat an actual racer even if it was only barely. He found it incredibly amusing and he was also proud of his girlfriend at the same time.

"Okay and then Esme overtook Ethan!" Mira described.

She was laying down with her head on Lando's lap, the McLaren driver playing with her hair lightly. They had been there for most of the day; Lando had told Mira about his weekend and plans to play golf with Max and Mira told him about all the things she had been up to.

"Did Esme have fun?" Lando questioned.

"She said that karting isn't her thing but she'd be happy to be our media personal if I promised her an endless supply of baked items," Mira replied joyfully.

"If that's what she wants," Lando shrugged. "What are you doing?"

"Texting Ria," Mira answered, holding up her phone so he could see it," She wants to play Call of Duty with me."

"You should," Lando yawned. "You've spent the last four hours of me, surprised you aren't bored—"

"I'm never bored of you. Want to join me, you can just scroll through Instagram in there?"

"Yeah, 'course," Lando nodded and followed Mira to her gaming room.

Lando was too busy replying to his messages to worry about what Mira was doing. He happily lay down on the sofa in the room, glancing over to see her screen occasionally. 

Since Mira didn't say that much while gaming, Lando was able to hear a lot of the chat from her headset if he tried hard enough. 

"You're a girl?" A player responded on the other end. "Two of you? Do you bitches think you can actually play these sorts of games? Go back to your barbie dolls."

Mira didn't respond to him, simply biting her lips while the other players laughed on the other hand. Ria was scoffing while calling them, 'immature idiots.'

Lando don't know what kicked into him as he dropped his phone on the pillow and jumped up from his spot, signalling for Mira to pass him the mic.

"Give me the mic," Lando demanded.

"No, I can handle myself," Mira replied with a scoff.

Lando actually wondered if Mira got online rage...turned out that she did and damn, she was more aggressive than Lando gave her credit for....in an oddly calm way.

"Listen here, you dickhead. I don't care if you think girls can't shoot, I've killed you ten times in the past five minutes and how many times have you shot me?" Mira practically growled into the mic.

"None, so take your badly raised arse and piss off. Search Google for Mira Atkinson or my gamer tag and you'll see who you're messing with. Make sure to pull up my worth while you're at it...maybe try net worth." Mira ended in a low tone.

Lando swore he had a cardiac arrest in those two minutes of Mira's calm raging. Her voice didn't raise, it was more of a low-tone threat and it scared the McLaren driver. At least he knew that she wasn't all sunshine, cute anxiety moment and cat-loving Mira 24/7.

"Oh and have a nice day, this whole thing is recorded," Mira replied in a happy tone as turned off the monitor and let out a sigh.

"Damn, Mimi," Lando choked on air. "Where did you learn that colourful language?"

"I grew up in care and played a lot of these types of games, I picked it up," Mira replied with a shrug. "Only when I need to use it."

"I'm officially scared of you!" Lando joked as he watched her carefully hang her headset in its place.

"Okay," She replied with a yawn. "I'm going to feed Loki and then do you want to watch a movie?"

"What do you want to watch?" Lando questioned.

"I don't know. Anything but horror please," Mira replied.

She went on to call Loki's name, which caused the cat to run from the cat room into the kitchen. He knew the exact time he was fed and he wouldn't forget it.

Meanwhile, Lando had to skillfully pick a movie when he didn't even know what Mira liked. The only things on her recently watched list were Marvel movies and all of them were there. Surely, she didn't want to watch them again so what other options did this give him?

"Mimi, what do you watch usually?" Lando questioned, tilting his head back.

"I don't know," Mira shrugged. "Superheroes...uh...I'll fall asleep to anything else anyway so you should find something you prefer to watch."

"No," Lando whined. "We're having time together, you need to be awake."

"You have Loki—"

"I love Loki but he's not you. He's not my Mira, is he?"

"Fine, we'll ditch the movie and do something else!" Mira huffed, crossing her arms.

Lando and Mira stared at each other. 

Intensely.

Mira had never been in this situation before with the context. It wasn't like disagreeing with your friend and then just agreeing to watch nothing. It was the way Lando looked at Mira with such love and amusement at the same time. 

Mira? She had a feeling...no, she damn well knew where it was going.

I've just realised that I've given Lando and Mira the same vibes as Alex and Lily have

I've just realised that I've given Lando and Mira the same vibes as Alex and Lily have...I'm living for it. Also Mira's gamer 'rage' is basically me😂