10 - Fαтe

"Mama, Shion marrying

"Mama, Shion marrying."

Uh hm...

Wait-

"Eh?!" The blue porcelain bowl almost slipped out of my hands when my blue-eyed kid waddled to me and innocently declared his intentions of marrying. "What are you saying, Shi-chan?"

"Want Sou-kun!," he proudly mused while grinning.

Sou-kun?

"Who is Sou-kun?," I asked his older brother, who had just come in looking exasperated. "A friend?"

"Mama!" Seijiro dramatically facepalmed. "Souji-kun is a boy!"

Both Shion and I turned to Seijiro in horror. No, I wasn't prejudiced about gender preferences. Rather, I was flabbergasted about my kid claiming to want to marry so suddenly. In a curse's age, he was barely even ten!

"N-not girl?," Shion repeated blankly.

Like Toge, it seemed his head drifted to the galaxies as it processed the fact that he was actually crushing on another boy.

When it settled in, Shion turned to me with glassy blue eyes. "Mama, Sou-kun a boy..."

Awww no.

I quickly invited the kid to my arms and took him to my lap. He began to sob. "Sei-chan, idiot!"

Pursing my lips together into a thin line, I tried my best not to give away my amusement. I did not know my quiet Shion was capable of being this clingy and expressive.

Out of the blue, I wondered how Satoru would react if he knew his son was crushing on a male playmate. Though I also thought he was way too comfortable with Suguru back in high school to even mind.

"But it's true," Seijiro argued. "You just assumed he's a girl!"

The younger kid bawled even louder, kicking his feet and throwing mini tantrums. "Go awaaay!"

His older brother, caught off-guard and bound by cursed speech, turned around robotically and walked away. I could hear Seijiro whine when he realized Shion had just snuck an attack on him.

"Snap out of it," I spoke to undo Shion's command and beckoned Seijiro to join us for a hug. "Come here, nii-san."

"Mamaaa," Seijiro complained and began to cry as well.

"(F/n)-chan~," Sena called in a sing-song voice. "Someone, who claimed to be the kids' friend, is here!"

"Sou-kun!," Seijiro automatically dried his tears and switched to that familiar little devil mode. Shion wailed even louder when he realized his older brother might be planning something.

And this was why it's difficult to have boys– no, more than one children in general. They'd really do anything to one-up their siblings.

"Let him in, please," I replied to Sena, who had surely let the kid enter before I asked.