Chapter 22

Japan pov.

I was out in the water with some of Ame's kids and countries, just having fun even though it was still winter.

"Alright, it should be gettin' kinda close to lunch. Everyone head ashore!" Tennessee called out to everyone in the water. We started to make our way back to the shoreline and dry off.

"California back in the water now!" Mexico yelled. As soon as she heard the warning she ran to the water just as she caught fire. Once her fire was fully doused she came back ashore.

"Thanks for the warning Auntie." California told Mexico.

"Don't thank me, your father told me to call out to you because my voice is louder than his." Mexico told California.

"Thanks dad." California told Ame.

"It's nothing Cali, I didn't need you getting hurt." Ame told her.

"Dad! Austin's snowmagedon is starting!" Alaska yelled.

"Bring him over here, keep him near the fire till we can get back to the house!" Ame told Alaska. She quickly did as told bringing her brother towards the fire.

"Juneau, stay please." The Texan told his sister, holding her close.

"I'm not going anywhere Austin, I'll be right here the whole time." Alaska assured her brother.

"Juneau you're the only state that has winters like this, I want you to coach Austin through it, stay by his side, Hawaii I know you and Alaska share a room, so I'm going to have you take Lone Star's room for the time being." Ame told his kids, Alaska still soothing her brother. "Hey Dix, is the first round ready?" He asked Confederate.

"Yeah just 'bout done with it, have the kids come ashore?" Confederate asked.

"Yeah, everyone's here." Australia replied.

"Mexi can you help pass the plates 'round?" Confederate asked Mexico.

"Will do." Mexico responded, grabbing plates out of Confederate's hand and giving them to the kids. Once everyone was given a plate we started eating and talking, Ame and Russia brought some drink for us, while NATO brought drinks for the kids. We passed everyone something to drink and once we finished eating, we put the leftover uncooked meat back in the cooler for safe keeping, the kids ran off and started playing in the sand until their stomachs settled enough for them to reenter the water.

"Hey dad, there's going to be a meteor shower tonight, do you want to set up the usual spot to watch it?" NASA asked his father.

"That sounds great NASA, it might help Lone Star calm down enough to sleep to night." Ame replied softly. "Now go have fun with your siblings, I'll call everyone ashore when it's time to head back to the house so everyone can freshen up." Ame told his son with a slightly teasing voice. NASA did a quick two finger salute and ran to join his siblings.

"Amerika, is Texas going to be alright?" Germany asked Ame.

"Yeah, Alaska's with him, he's in good hands." Ame replied tentatively, looking at the two states in question. They were still by the fire, trying to keep the Texan warm. We stayed here for a few hours until Confederate let out a loud whistle, pretty soon all the kids were corralled near the campsite and started to help pack everything so we could go back to the house and take showers before dinner. It didn't take long for everything to get put away, and to start heading back to the house. "Juneau, take Austin to my room, I'll help him clean up a bit, while I do that, I need you to find the warmest clothes he has, and if he doesn't have any, he'll borrow some of mine." Ame told Alaska.

"Ok, Austin I'm going to put you in dad's room alright? I won't be gone long, dad's right there if you need him ok?" Alaska told her brother, who was currently on her back. The Texan replied with a nod and held on tighter to the Alaskan.

"I don't want you to leave." Texas told her.

"I know Lone Star, I know. It won't be for long." She reassured him.

Alaska pov.

I did what dad asked and put Austin in his room. Once that part of the mission was complete I ran to Austin's room and raded his closet for warm clothes he could wear after his shower. Once I found the clothes I took them to dad's room and sat them on the bed when I heard the water running from the bathroom. I ran into my room and grabbed one of my hoodies and set it next to Austin's clothes. I ran back to my room and took a quick shower, and changed quickly so Austin didn't panic about me not being there. Now it's not normally like this, but whenever he gets sick he usually clings to me and no one knows why, but we've learn to let it play out and leave him be. It never bothered me anyways. Even when Austin would get night terrors or flashbacks, I would be the only one able to calm him down whenever he's sick. Once I was done getting dressed I walked back to dad's room to get Austin and hangout with the others in the living room.

"Hey dad is Austin ready?" I asked.

"Yeah, thanks for letting him borrow your hoodie by the way." Dad replied.

"It's nothing, I wanted him to be comfortable, come on Austin let's go join the others in the living room." I replied, walking I to grab my brother by the hand so he didn't fall.

"Thanks sis." Austin whispered to me.

"You're welcome bro." I told him matching his whisper. We walked in silence, which didn't bother us Austin needs to conserve his voice for the time being.

"Ala, thank you for stayin' with me." Austin told me quietly.

"Anything for you Tex, besides what are siblings for?" I shot back.

"You got me there Juneau, let's sit on the couch near Uncle Nada." Austin suggested tiredly, I nodded and made our way to Uncle Cancan, and sat down next to him.

"How are you two doing?" Uncle Nada asked.

"We're doin' alright, I'm hangin' in there." Austin replied tiredly.

"Austin get some sleep, I'll wake you up for dinner how does that sound?" I asked my brother.

"That sounds great Juneau, thanks." Austin slurred tiredly. I started playing with his hair and he fell asleep not to long afterwards. We stayed like this for about an hour or so, until Japan called us in for dinner. I woke Austin up, and guided him to the table and sat down next to him, so I could help him eat what he could. Once everyone finished eating NASA led us outside so we could watch the meteor shower. We looked up at the sky and watched the shooting stars run across the night sky, I felt Austin fall asleep on my shoulder so I flagged dad over so I could get Austin to bed and watch over him. Once we got to my room, dad laid Austin down on my bed with enough room for me to lay down next to him.

"Night kids." Dad told me.

"Night papa." I replied triedly, and I fell asleep a little bit after he left.