chapter 7

"My brothers band is playing this Friday, you should come."  Kalie added as we walked down the crowded hallway.

A endless stream of stinky teens came from the gym bumped into me. The strong fume instantly hit my face.

I held my nose.

The weekend was a blur, all I remember was the community orchestra class and the embarrassing moment of me spitting up all over the coffee shop floor. Actually, Mr. Calvin was the highlight of my weekend.

"Yeah sure, where are the playing at?" I asked, finally releasing my nose, the guys had gone.

We were the outside of my classroom, English classroom to be exact. The class which I dreaded yet was overly excited to go in.

A few students rushed to their classes.

"I'll text you the address, I have to go see you later" she started off in the other direction.

Walking in the class I wave bye and take my usual seat next to Jessica.

In relief I drop my heavy bag on the floor. "Hey" I greet her.

"How are you?"

"I'm okay, could be better"

"I feel ya" she groaned resting her head against the table.

"Hello Mr. Calvin" a high pitched girly voice loomed over the class. I recognized that voice to well, 

It was Felicity Waters.

To no surprise she waved and flashed a perfect smile as she passed by his desk, placing a shiny red apple in the corner.

Cliche as it seems, she gave Mr. Calvin an apple every week before class, perfectly giving her the name as the 'teachers pet.'

Everything about her was too flawless yet obviously fake, she wore a tight fitted shirt that wasn't shy enough to show her chest. She kiss up to any of the orders given to her from him, but don't get me started how it always boiled my blood.

I mean how dare she lean against his desk, as she rests her hands on her chin; fully and purposely exposing her large double girls in front of his face. Although I could see his face looking at hers  trying to get her to sit down it still did not stop me from getting mad; jealous to be exact. 

Yet all I could do was roll my eyes and imagine myself running across the room and like a football player tackling the opponents team player, and push her skanky ass off his desk.

But along with all my other fantasies that didn't happen.

"Hey Eleonore" her poisonous tongue says my name as she effortlessly walks past my table to hers. Believe it or not we used to be close friends in elementary but like everything else in the world. She changed and our friendship became nothing but a memory.

After a few seconds, Mr. Calvin finally came to the front of the room and began the class and like what I had expected. The butterflies came flying in my stomach tingling my body from head to toe as my eyes met his. 

    After twenty five minutes has passed, the class was coming to an end.

"Psst."

Mr. Calvin was talking on the phone with another teacher.

The whole class chatted among each other, while I doodled on the tip of my notebook.

"Psst Eleonore" that staggering voice made my body twitch 

I peer behind me.

It was Felicity, "I like you sweater" she smiled. It looked so fake.

"Um thanks" I mumbled.

Her grin grew wider, "We should hang out sometime and catch up" Her long finger twirled her hair around it.

As if,   "Yeah sure" I lied. 

Just as I turned back around I heard Felicity whisper something to her friend next to her.

"Where did she get that sweater? haha from her grandma's closet? I bet. She's lucky I'm nice and don't say it aloud to her face in front of everybody." her high pitched voice rung in my ears.

I gripped on the end of my pencil so hard I could feel the metal dig onto my skin. In that moment I just wanted to punch her face, but I held it all in.

Calm down Eleonore, calm down.

Perfect timing, the bell rings. "Have a good day" Mr. Calvin says as he places the phone down.

 Everybody rushes out of the classroom.

I grab my things, 

"Eleonore, can I see you for a moment"

I halt, oh no.

My hands began to shake uncontrollably.

I see Mr. Calvin silhouette walk past me and close the door behind the last student out.

I look down.

I stand nervously in place and see nothing but the top of his loafers as he stops in front of me, abruptly I feel a pair of large hard arms push me against his chest.

The sweet mocha scent from his breath brushed the hair strands of the top of my head.

"Mr. Calvin?" I mutter shocked, my cheeks were burning more than usual

"Shh, It's okay no one can see us" he whispered. 

 Stiff, I hug him back.

He steps back and looks at me. "I just needed to give you a hug I couldn't contain myself any longer" he murmured

He licks his lips and kisses my forehead.

I close my eyes to the touch of his wet lips against my skin, all I could do was smile.

A stampede of elephants were raging inside my stomach, nothing could compare what I was feeling right now. The world just seem to stop for a few seconds.

I couldn't believe this was happening. 

Knock Knock

We both jump back and just like that he lets go of me. Like he had never touched me.

I tiptoe close enough that I reached his face and kissed his cheek.

"I couldn't contain myself either" I whispered back, my lips were few inched away from his ear.

And before he could react I swiftly walked out of the room not daring to look back.

The place where his lips had been still lingered on my skin.