Shift - Shift is the title but it says it is too short so I put in all of this.

This is not going to be a place where I will write the full story but I will be posting small portions of it as I go just to get feed back on my style.  I am trying to get away from just writing the first draft and considering it done.  I want to craft and choose the words and phrasing in a more thoughtful manner.  Anyone who does coment may find themselves with a free copy when the work is done.

*******

As the plane was plummeting towards the earth, he closed his eyes while bracing for impact.  When it did not come as he expected he opened them again.  Just then, he felt a force he had never experienced before as the plane slammed into the side of the snowy peaks that had looked so awe-inspiring from twenty thousand feet in the air.  In the span of a second, time seemed to pause.  He quickly realized that it had not paused but rather had only slowed to an immeasurable rate.  He could hear the metal ripping apart as the other passengers screamed.  He watched intently as the flames edged towards him as they engulfed the plane in a sea of fire.  Just before the fireball reached him everything went black and he closed his eyes, accepting that he was about to die.  Nevertheless, he did not.

*******