32 - Lianmin

The tian smiled down at her, his smile bright as his skin. He had hair a stark impossible white, his eyes an unnaturally bright blue. His entire being seemed to be glowing. Glowing a pure white that was both unnatural and awe-inspiring.

The display was only ruined by the loaf of bread he was absently chewing on.

Min didn't know his name, or who he had been before being given the tian, but now he was just that, heavenly, sky, day. The word fit more than it should have, but the bread thing was still iconic. Min was shoved on the ground below him glaring all the while.

"Has the demon told you anything?" the tian asked the humans who restrained her. He gave Min an appraising glance, seemingly confused about one very obvious thing. "Or even burned anyone to death?"

Min just kept on glaring, "I'm not going to tell you where the hideout is."

The tian raised an eyebrow, "Oh? So there is a hideout, we suspected as much. Nice to have it confirmed, thank you very much."

Min closed her mouth and jerked to the side, trying to free herself from the humans above her. Humans. She was being restrained by humans. It struck her that there was a special kind of irony to that.

"Send her to the dungeon for the night, perhaps she'll tell me more afterward."

Min winced slightly, hoping that the darkness wasn't as absolute as she'd heard. She would still lose most of it in the half darkness, but if she could restrain herself from attacking anyone? That would be great.

"My lord, she's only a kid really, barely even my daughter's age, can't you save her soul?"

The tian grimaced, looking down his nose at Min, "No, a different being has her soul already, I can do nothing."

That was such a load of BS. Everyone in the streets knew that a tian could turn a demon just as easily as a demon could destroy a zombie. They'd used the demons to free their precious land of the undead beasts, and now they were busy trying to exterminate the witnesses. Perhaps afraid that the demons could somehow rise above them with their flames.

Being a demon sucked, but Min simply gave the guard above her an appreciative look for having a heart.

Then she shoved the two humans off her in one swift movement and ran toward the tian. they didn't have much time to react as Min stretched out her arm. She wasn't going to see the sun ever again, and retaining her sanity was...iffy. But even though she knew she couldn't do anything permanent to the freakin tian, she still felt a sadistic pleasure as she summoned her flame and thrust her palm upon the angel's chest.

The tian only glared harder at her as her palm connected with his heart center, singeing the fabric beneath it but otherwise doing largely nothing. Min smiled though, the tian still looking very unamused.

He was used to nothing being able to hurt him though. He took another bite of his loaf to emphasize that fact. Closing his eyes as he did so as if expecting her to be freezing in shock right then.

Instead, Min took out a device less than a heartbeat after her failed attack, swinging it with inhuman speed as it connected with the creature's upper arm.

The device injected a substance into the tian in less than a second and Min skipped away as the angel made a distinctly feral snarl, turning toward her with murder in his eyes. "WHAT WAS THAT?!"

Min was already running though, ignoring as the tian began to scream with pain. She ran through the compound, past the startled guards, and across the bridge that spanned the great moat. At least...that's what she would have done if she had made it more than a few meters.