Chapter 3

You were absolutely enraged, Geralt had kicked both you and the bard out of the inn for a whore. It'd been three days and neither of you had found a job. You leaned against the wall, keeping an eye on Roach. Just then, Geralt had come outside. He went straight to Roach, who nickered and shook his head at Geralt.

Geralt pat Roach. "Don't judge me." He grumbled. You simply scoffed.

The Innkeeper followed Geralt outside, Geralt turned to the Innkeeper. "I'll be back with payment in a few days. If anything happens to my horse..."

The Innkeeper chuckled. "You don't scare me." The Innkeeper put his hands on his hips, he seemed like a child to you, an ugly one.

Both you and the bard looked at each other, with knowing expressions. You silently hoped Geralt wouldn't kill him.

Geralt got face to face with the Innkeeper, so close the Innkeeper had to lean back. "Point me to Temeria." He demanded.

The Innkeeper pointed and Geralt started to walk off. You shoved yourself off of the wall and grabbed Geralt's arm. "So that's it then? You aren't going to tell me anything?" You snapped.

Geralt whipped around to face you. "Another witcher was seen heading to Temeria. Apparently there's something there, 3,000 orens to have it killed. Is that enough for you?"

You crossed your arms. "And where do I and the bard place in this venture?"

Geralt rolled his eyes. "I just thought we'd split up again."

"Oh? Really? Again? Without asking me?" You raised your eyebrows, scoffing.

Geralt glanced at you. "You never had a problem with it before."

You glanced over at the bard, he already seemed to guess it was about the nightmares you had told him about weeks ago. You silently hoped he wouldn't say anything. You shuffled your feet around in the snow, you and Geralt rarely got into arguments and you always hesitated to tell him how you truly felt about separating.

You struggled for a moment, stuttering for a while before blurting out what was on your mind. "I just- I never liked it!" Your tone sounded different than usual, perhaps it was desperation in your voice, or fear. Witchers were thought to be emotionless, you and Geralt both knew that wasn't true but you both had a habit of living up to that rumor.

Geralt stepped closer, looking down at you, this time he seemed concerned. You simply looked to the side. You and Geralt had known each other for almost your whole lives, and you knew you could tell him anything, but for some reason this seemed almost impossible to talk about. You were so sure Geralt wouldn't understand.

Geralt gave a defeated sigh, turning away. "Fine..."

You glanced over at Jaskier, you had learned his name the morning after the nightmare. The both of you had grown closer since then, not as close as Geralt but it was progress. He was shifting uncomfortably, glancing between you and Geralt. The both of you had almost forgotten he was there.

You approached him, resting your hand on his shoulder. "Jaskier, perhaps this time you should stay behind?"

Jaskier raised his brows in surprise for a moment before his face fell in a quizzical expression. "But why-" He went to argue, he was the most stubborn person you have ever met.