The End?(no not the last chapter)

T/W: arguing/shouting/blame game, mentions of death/dead people, Xisuma being a bad brother, Xanthus also being a bad brother, mentions of dungeons/cells, swearing

POV: Grian

The first thing I notice is how thin the air is. The second thing is how cold it is. The third is how my watcher side easily adjusts to said differences. The 8 of us walk over a cobblestone bridge connecting the small obsidian spawn platform to the main End island.

Once there, the others look around while I close my eyes, trying to figure out how to get us to the Watchers' end.

'What did they do during Evo? Well, I jumped into the exit portal and saw an edited version of the End poem, and then was taken away.'

With this in mind, I walk over to the exit portal. Without thinking, I walk all around the bedrock construction, running my hand along the wall of the foundation, purple light following behind my hand. Then I hold my hand out, over the portal, and say one word.

"End," I order, and my eyes start glowing a faint violet as the portal turns a very familiar shade of purple.

"Who goes in first?" I startle at the voice, whirling around to see Martyn.

"Oh, hay Martyn. No idea," I answer.

"Well then, I volunteer," Xisuma says, appearing on my other side, next to Martyn.

"Ok, um, Xisuma, you go first. The rest of us will follow, but I have to go last to close the portal," I say.

"Coward," Timmy, apparently having shown up while I was talking to Xisuma, mutters under his breath.

"I heard that. You may be the Listener, but I am the Admin," I say, glaring playfully in Tim's direction.

"Hay!" Martyn says, "I'm also a listener!"

I roll my eyes, saying, "Yea yea, enough procrastination, let's get moving." I then call everyone over to the fountain.

"So we just jump in there..?" Impulse asks after I explain.

"Yep. When I did research at admin HQ I searched up alternative ways to get into the other dimensions. During the legendary Evo SMP this is how the Admin was abducted," I explain.

"Welp, here goes nothing," Xisuma says, before jumping in. After X is Xan, followed by Impulse, Hels, Martyn, Tim, Pearl, and finally me, closing the portal behind me.

###

Now, if the server side of the End was cold, the Watchers' End is the North Pole, if Santa Clause was an evil god who dealt out death like playing cards.

The 8 of us quickly duck behind a stand of chorus plants, while Xanthus, using his Watcher eye sight, scouts out the area.

"The Academy is a couple hundred blocks away, toward the West. The door is guarded by 2 guards. Zersaphed will be in the throne room or his private residence in the tower. The Watchlings will be on the first two floors, and the teachers on the third, or the second where the classrooms are. The army is on the 4th floor, and the throne room is just inside the doorway," He explains.

"There will probably be several people in the training rooms as well as the med bay," Pearl adds.

"And the dungeons are suspended above the void," I finish.

"I can understand how Pearl might know this stuff, but how do you two?" Xisuma questions me and Xan.

"Xisuma, I didn't just run off at random, I was here, in the End with the Watchers. But you don't care about that, do you. I should lead this mission! I have the most knowledge of how the Watchers work!" Xanthus says, starting to yell by the end. When he says he was with the Watchers, the others step back, only me, Pearl and Xisuma standing our ground.

"Well I have the best leadership skills! I am the one who takes care of everyone because you're too busy setting shit on fire to care about others' safety!" Xisuma yells back. Everyone startles when Xisuma curses, because Xisuma never curses.

"Well I never wanted to be a Watcher! I was kidnapped and possessed!" Xanthus yells back.

I tune out the yelling to focus on what Timmy is saying. "The guards at the door can hear us," he whispers.

"Are they coming?" I whisper back. In response, Timmy only nods.

I tune back into the yelling match just in time to hear Xisuma say, "And what about Hels!? He tried to bomb the school!"

"I told you! I was being mind controlled!" Hels shouts, now joining in the argument.

"And what did you mean when you said that Jimmy was a Listener!?" Xisuma shouts in my direction.

"Martyns a Listener too!" Jimmy shouts, also screaming.

"And Pearl! What if she's still working for the Watchers?! What if Evan is working for them!? What if-" but at that moment Xisuma is cut off by someone I recognize instantly.

"I- I need you to be quiet! They'll catch you-"

"XURTEN!" I yell, cutting him off and hugging the watcher tightly. Ten shifts into his human form, tears visible in his eyes.

"N- no, this can't be real! You're dead! They told me you were dead!" Ten says, tears flowing freely.

"They were wrong about a lot of things, Ten," I answer, pulling out of the hug.

Turning to the others, I say, "Oi! Dumbasses! Shut the fuck up! I will be the leader, since you all clearly have some things to work out. But right now, rest assured that everyone here is on our side, and does not mean any harm!"

As the others go quiet, I continue. "This is no time for secrets! No holding back!" And as I say that, I let my wings unfurl.

###

My wings are still greyed out, but I can fly, and that's what matters. Picking up Xisuma, as he doesn't have wings, I fly towards the dungeon. Behind me, Pearl, Jimmy, Martyn, Ten and Xanthus unfurl their wings and, picking up Impulse and Hels, follow my path towards the prison.

We all land gracefully- except Timmy- on the landing pad outside the door. Without a second thought, Xanthus blasts the door open, and we jump inside, knocking out two guards who stood too close to the entrance.

"Down here!" I shout, diving down the stairs to the lower levels, taking out another guard. The Watchers were not expecting a sneak attack, that's for sure. Finally, we make it down to the lowest level. There, only one cell.

My magic slams into the bars, tearing them apart. I jump into the cell and, pulling out my swords, cut Yalli's bonds with ease. "Martyn! Jimmy! Ten! Pearl! Take them to the chorus stand!" The four nod before grabbing the five and, slightly precariously, flying back to the end island.

"Go go go!" I yell, me and Xan grabbing Xisuma, Impulse, and Hels and flying back to the chorus plants.

I set down Hels and Xisuma, barley out of breath, and say, "Pearl! You're in charge. Heal everyone up as best you can. Xisuma, Hels, Impulse, Xan, you're with me," I smile. "We've got some watcher ass to kick." 

1163 words. I've had this chapter completed for a few days, and am already working on chapter 45. The only thing I can think to say is that I think this fic is going in a unique direction. 

Oh also, on @Isabelle291 's book, old friends, new friends, and a little bit of regret, on chapter 18 there i a comment by @_Lqmie that is, and I quote, "OH NO. OUR EX. IT'S B R O K E N." I wish I had thought of that joke, but you'll have to read the book because I'm not spoiling.