🍎 Welcome to Chapter 1 🍎

Have you ever felt like you didn't know who you are? Like you woke up and it was almost like you've truly become real? That's how this morning was, my senses were all off as my eyes opened to a world I couldn't help but know I didn't know but it somehow felt right. I was laying on the ground and with small movements from my fingers, I felt the soft friction of the carpet rub back.

"Ah...."

Sitting up, my head felt dizzy as I tried to recollect my thoughts but nothing led me to an answer. I knew about how things worked except I didn't know how. Like, I knew I was in a house but I don't remember how I ever learnt about it or previously being in one. Speaking of the house, there was nothing in it, the colour was off-white and the carpet was just a pale grey. It was honestly very unsettling.

Picking myself up now, I now notice my hands... They were a pale pink which was almost normal but not quite. What stood out the most was the four fingers on each hand. Flexing them a bit, they felt soft and petite, an odd feeling to say the least. While I was slowly examining myself, I could hear the faint sounds of voices echo closer. The first sentence I could hear fully sounded like a cheerful feminine person.

"See! See! Like I said! I woke up to go on a walk and I ran into this house! Do you think we have a new neighbour?!?!"

Making my way closer to a door, I pressed my ear on it... were they talking about this house? I assume so if they were slowly drawing closer. Was this a normal thing that happened? Does a house suddenly appear with a person inside...?

"Not another one... I hope this one isn't as loud..." A grumpy man grumbled a bit, followed by some giggles of laughter around him.

"Awww common! Don't get your head in a spin~" Another female-sounding voice rang out, this one was also excitable though was more cheerful to be part of the action.

A tired chuckle stood out to me, and when he spoke it was slow and soothing like he knew he didn't have to raise it to get everyone's attention "Haha... Let's just see, no point making predictions.... Though if I really had to guess.... This one will be perfect." Shivers got sent down my spine though also relaxed my muscles by his. A lulling but mysterious voice... He seemed like an odd character.

"Knock knock~"

Humming his words slightly, a delicate knock was heard echoing through the room I was in. My blood went cold even though I could hear the loud thumping of my heart beating a mile a minute. What do I do...? They didn't seem like bad people but they are strangers.

"Do you think they're not home?" A friendly male perked up gently as it caused a few to stir up wondering where I could be, though the tired male seemed to smirk through his words as he spoke out.

"Maybe but..." I heard the door knob twist and fear widened as my body threw itself far away in a panic. "I think our new neighbour is just a bit shy~"

Now with the door wide open, my body was frozen stiff at the sight of eyes peering in. Backing up more, my body hit the wall behind it as I stiffened "A-Ah! Wh-what... What d-do you want?!" Stuttering out my sentence through my quickened breaths, I watch the figures turn to each other.