XiV| Facetime

"Yay"

Five years ago, If you had told Mira she would be spending £2 million on a house in Woking, Surrey, she'd have laughed you out of the room

Five years ago, she imagined living in a small cottage in the middle of nowhere, perhaps within a short drive of the coast so she could see the waves. Mira loved the ocean and everything it offered her, the noise of the waves and the blue ripples heading towards her. She imagined having more cats than just Loki, all named after Marvel characters.

She hadn't wanted a big house at all. In fact, she despised the idea of being alone in a house bigger than she wanted. The problem was that Mira also had a list of 'must have's' and for the most part, they came with bigger houses. In the end, she found the perfect one.

It was a Victoria-style, gated-off house with a large garden and pool (not that it was ever hot enough to use outside of July and August), but the area was surrounded by trees. Away from the city centre, it was a resident-only road so she knew she would feel safe there. Being away from the main town meant getting to work too less time due to less traffic. Most importantly, a safe garage to store her McLaren. It was perfect.

Mira didn't think it was quite worth £2 million but it was the downside to living in the many places south of the country.

She had yet to tell her brother's about it.

Esme went the opposite route. She liked being surrounded by a community so she could talk to people on a daily and get into town more easily. Mira assured her not to worry about money but Esme promised that the small semi-detached house was enough for her. She just wanted a clean place that she felt safe in so Mira respected that.

Of course, they had to wait for all the legal to go through so the best friends were still living together for another few weeks. Mira was also keeping the apartment until the houses were fully decorated because she wouldn't be able to stand being in a dust-filled, messy house. She knew she was being privileged but her sensory issues just didn't allow it.

"Hey Mira!" Luke smiled as he embraced his sister. "How are you?"

"Good," Mira nodded. "I have news."

"You do?" Luke raised an eyebrow. "You better come in then. "

"Mira, Ciao!" The Italian accent echoed through the London flat as Marco saw Mira.

"Ciao," Mira greeted.

Marco, who knew Mira wasn't fond of hugs, gave her a fist bump. Apparently, she was developing quite a reputation for that.

"How have you been?" Marco questioned kindly as he cooked by the stove.

"Really good actually!" Mira beamed. "Things are looking good for me. I'm learning business skills and I just brought a house—"

"You brought a house?" Luke gasped. "When?"

"A few days ago," Mira replied. "It's my own, you know? Bigger than I wanted but it has everything on my list."