32. 𝘠𝘰𝘶, 𝘈𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘈𝘭𝘦𝘹𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘉𝘦𝘳𝘯𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘪, 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘦.

Song: Boy by Lee Brice

**

~ Asher Alexander Bernardi ~

"So you're telling me, I've been out of town for two weeks and you get yourself kidnapped by some kid at your school with a vendetta, you have managed to create a weird friendship with the guy that misgendered and slut shamed you, you find out papa Bernardi is alive, oh but he's not your father so don't get that wrong... You discover your mother and her evil cousin are psychopaths and are the reason you were forced into countless foster homes, and only the bad ones. Oh and the icing on the cake... Your father is also your brother." Kyan concludes as he attempts to wrap his head around everything I just told him. 

Sandro asked me not to tell Nico or our brothers anything.

He's friends with Nico's parents and he wants to be able to tell them, and our brothers on his own time, when he's ready. Which I completely understand, it doesn't matter how long ago it was, opening up about your own trauma isn't something you should be forced to do, it's not an easy task.

He also wants to talk to Dahlia first, she knows everything about him and his past but she doesn't exactly know about the whole secret child thing, it makes me nervous even if he will never admit it. I'm technically his child and we are far more alike than even he realizes, we have the same tells, like picking our fingers, constantly running our hands through our hair, or rubbing the back of our necks.

He did however tell me he was okay with me telling Kyan. I think he figured I would need to tell someone before I exploded and Ky always keeps everything I say between us. I told him everything but I wouldn't have told him this if Alessandro wasn't okay with it.

I know he claims it's our story, but I'm not entirely sure I believe that.

It's his story, I just happen to be a product of it.

"Uh, yeah, I think that about sums it up."

"Blimey. I should have made some popcorn when you said you had something to talk to me about, your life is more interesting than those reality TV shows Stephanie is obsessed with."

"Wasn't your girlfriend's name Stella?"

"Oh no.. Stella and I broke up five girlfriends ago."

"But weren't you together two months ago?"

"Exactly!"

Kyan is in a new 'relationship' every few days it seems, once a week if they are lucky, talk about commitment issues.

"Anderson, do you mind if I talk to Asher... without your presence." Sandro suddenly asks as he just enters my room, all without knocking.

I guess I can't say much, I have this habit of barging into his office after school and laying on his couch, sometimes I'll even do my homework in there, all without saying a single word.