Amici In Perpetuum

Hermione walked back into the great hall after Voldemort's defeat when her eyes fell on the fallen hero, Fred Weasley, for the first time. His identical twin sat right next to him in shock as he stared in front him, looking into nothingness, his eyes glazed over and full of tears.

When Hermione slowly came closer, George didn't notice her, or maybe he did but his gaze was still fixed on a point in front of him. She looked over at the rest of the Weasley family, they were huddled together a few meters away, tears falling down their cheeks as they looked at anything but Fred. The only one that was missing was Harry, but she already knew where he was as he felt guilty about the losses they had that evening. Fred, Remus, Tonks and many more. He isolated himself in his room and didn't want anyone to disturb him, so she came down to see the ones they'd lost. She had come down to say goodbye.

Hermione looked over at George once again before she knelt down nervously next to Fred. She studied his face, a few bumps and bruises scattered around his face and neck but if she didn't know any better, it just looked like he was asleep. She sat there in silence for a few minutes, glancing over the other people they had lost that night, before her gaze fell back to the ginger in front of her.

"Hi Fred. I'm sorry." She whispered as she subconsciously twirled with the bracelet under her sleeve. "I'm sorry we never got the chance to really get to know each other. I'm sorry that I was always on your back about your products." She took in a deep breath as she looked over to George, who was still staring at the same spot, but she knew he was listening. "I just wanted you to know... I thought you were brilliant; I thought your products were amazing. And I'm sorry I never got a chance to say it before." She gently reached for his hand and when her hand touched his, everything happened at the same time.

George's head snapped in their direction as he fell to his knees next to his fallen twin. The other Weasleys that were huddled together, sprung to their feet and looked over, all eight sets of eyes on her. She saw George's mouth move but she didn't know what he was saying. She didn't hear anything anymore. All the sounds that surrounded her a few seconds ago were gone.
She suddenly felt her wrist burn, before a bright golden light sprung from the bracelet that was hidden underneath her sleeve. At the same time a light came from Fred's right arm. Hermione's eyes went even bigger as she looked at the light that closed her and Fred off from the rest of the world.

Hermione tried to reach over and look at his arm, but something was pushing her back. She turned around looking for the person that was holding her back but there was no one. No one could pass the barrier; it was just her and Fred. More people came over when the light brightened the great hall.

George and Molly were pounding on the light that formed like a barrier around her and Fred with tears falling from their eyes. Their mouths open as they shouted. She looked at the panicked Weasleys before she focused her attention back on the one that was lying in front of her.

With all her might she pushed and pushed against the force that held her back. When she finally reached Fred's sleeve, she pushed it up and saw a bracelet just like hers, a set. Her heart started beating faster as she saw the nearly identical bracelet on the fallen Weasley. She swallowed hard before she reached over.

When her fingertips brushed Fred's bracelet, it went ice cold at the same time as hers. Suddenly the bracelet on Fred's arm became engraved, an infinity sign with the letters F and H appeared on it. Hermione's eyes went wide when she pulled up her sleeve and saw the same thing happen on her bracelet. Her eyes shot up and locked on George's, who stared with large blue eyes between her and Fred's bracelet, mouth dropped open in shock. Her eyes fell down once again when she suddenly felt a heartbeat. It wasn't hers; it came from her bracelet. She felt a soft but steady heartbeat beneath it, while hers was raging like mad. She looked back at the older Weasley twin's face and to her shock, his mouth dropped slightly open and let out a small breath of air before his eyes slowly fluttered open.