Chapter 1.

"You know, I think you should go to an actual school, make some friends." My mom said. "I have friends and no I don't want to go to a school, I like being homeschooled." I said, annoyed as usual when she asked this question.

She had started to mention public school alot lately. I guess it's because I haven't talked to a person my age in at least three weeks. What person should I talk to anyway? I was lying about having friends, or well, real friends. There was this boy who lived just down the street that had been trying to contact me but, I don't know, he's weird. Everyone is I talk to is weird. Plus, I don't need friends when I got Suzy. Suzy is my cat, she's so old, atleast she's older than I am and I pretend that she is the wisest soul in the world.

"Why don't you talk to one of your friends? You're already ahead of your schedule of homework." My mom said giggling. It's cute how she always laughs at her own jokes, since nobody else does. My dad really loves mom, but he's getting tired of her constant sarcasm and jokes, and to be honest, I am to. "Oh I know, I should schedule a playdate for you! This woman at work has a daughter your age going through the same thing as you are.." She continued, but I didn't listen. she had tried this so many times but it never worked out. I was getting too old to go on playdates but my mom was not giving up on the idea of me having friends.

Two days later Billy, the boy from down the street, was standing outside our front door. Mom had probably invited him over. I didn't know if I wanted to see him right now, if I opened the door I'd have to let him in, just in case mom invited him. I opened the door and said "Hey, I'm actually studying but you can come back later, if you want." "Oh, um I actually just came to return your mail, it came to my house, my brother was supposed to give it to you weeks ago but he's too lazy." He said, like he was expecting denial anyway. "Oh, thank's." I whispered to him as he handed me the letter. "No problem, sorry for the delay." He said while walking away from the house. My mom ran out the kitchen yelling. "Why didn't you let him in?!" "He just came to drop off some of our mail, mom, it's not like he wanted to stay." I said in shock, mom sounded so angry but I didn't understand why. "I heard you telling him that you were studying, were you?" She asked me, a little calmer actually. "I was going to but.." I started but mom's phone cut me off.

It was dad calling, saying he'd be late to dinner as usually, I don't understand why he even bothers calling.

When dad arrived home it was already 2 am, last time I checked. Mom was yelling at him and he sounded ashamed. I snuck down the staircase in order to hear what the argument was about but I ran into dad on my way down. "I was just going to get some water.." I whispered but he just told me to go to bed.